Availability Question

apace

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
Is there a way to find out when FIOS might become available in a certain Area?

Is there a way to find out when FIOS might become available in a certain Area?

Go to Verizon.com and search your address. It will tell you if, not when, it is available. I live in St Petersburg, FL. The crews dug up my neighborhood less than two months ago and two weeks later ran the actual cable in the holes. Since seeing the crews working, I have been checking AT LEAST weekly to see if my address was serviceable. Sometime in the last few days I became serviceable.

I placed my order today. I am so excited. I am just tickled.

Now, on top of searching each week I have on occasion (most recently a month ago) called to ask when St. Petersburg, or my part of town would be serviceable. Even a month ago they didn't give me a time frame. They said they "didn't know."

It is pretty safe to say if you have not seen the crews you are AT LEAST two months from getting it. But I have to say, even before I saw the crews in front of my house I saw crews around town probably two months pervious to that. So you will probably see them around town before you see them in your neighborhood.

My mother has had it for over a year in the next county and Temple Terrace (next to Tampa) was the first city to get it like three or four years ago. They move slow, that is for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts