availability

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yup thats a great attitude. I can not afford it soo I hope since you can, it sucks and be buggy for you.

NO that is your perception of things. I have had just about every new dvr that DISH has created. I bought each one with my own money. I have over 13 years with DISH and I speak from experience here when I say this: All new dvrs are buggy at first. If you want to pay over $600.00 for a buggy dvr then go for it.

7100/7200 webtv/dishplayer-had both models and replaced so many that I settled for a plain 301 from DISH due to the cost of replacing the webtvs, shipping etc.

501/508/510 pvrs - had all 3 , still have 501 on Aunts account in my name.

721 pvr- had 3 but they crashed quite a lot and the hard drive would have to be restarted ,wiping it clean each time.

921 dvr -First hd dvr - worked fine if you baby sat it 24 /7. NO name based recording -nothing but a digital vcr.Cost over $1000.00

942 dvrs- Cool dvrs and name based recording features , had both analog and hd ota stations. Loved it had two.

622 dvr -great dvr with name based recording ,the basis for the present line of dvrs. Still have one on my mom & dad's account in my name.

722 dvr - same as 622 except bigger hard drive-had two.

722k dvr- the best yet. Bigger hard drive, better ota module and being able to record 4 things at once: 2 sat/2ota the BEST feature ever!

From everything I have read about this new 922, it is not as good as it was first advertised to be. They have removed many of the best features like the web browser, the tv 2 connection for whole house distribution. Plus the new hd extender to turn tv 2 into an hd output on tv2 is not even for sale yet.

I am not saying that I won't want a 922 , someday. But this is not that day. IF I really wanted one I would get it , but due to the missing features & no hd extender , this dvr doesn't do as much as my 722k does now.

It's new.
Nice GUI.
Larger internal hard drive.
Sling.
Future functions(Web).

I got one free, but would have gotten one anyway. It's probably not for everyone, but I like it.

My question would be is why would anyone want to "buy" one?
Simple answer that I can figure out is that the rumor is the cost to lease the 922 will be between $200 and $400 depending on a number of factors. If your going to pay $400 for something, might as well pay the $600 and own it instead.

But even then I expect more people to lease then own.

How did you manage that?:cool:

I ended up dealing with the executive office after having a tech make some...mistakes. They offered me all new 722k's. I declined & asked if I could just wait for the 922's. They said sure. We will notate your account for a free upgrade once they are released. Quite frankly I don't think the rep knew what he was promising....

When I first found this forum the 922 seemed like the ultimate machine. I can honestly say I was drooling at the thought. However once I read some more and my feet touched earth again I remembered that many years ago I realized purchasing/leasing new technology as soon as it is released is often not the best idea.
We know that key features are not currently activated, we don't know how long it will be before they are. What if Dish decides to never activate them? Given the recent disaster with the adding of HD channels that only a "small" number of subs can't receive, do you really trust dish to continue to work on development of this box. At a lease cost approaching $400.00 and a purchase price of $649.00 how many folks does Dish really think can afford this?
I know that there are those aficionados that will grab one of these as soon as they can, great and I truly wish them luck! I hope it is everything the hype as built it up to be. Me I will wait until it is fully functional and the "bugs" have been worked out.

Ross

There is no link on pricing yet.

The only word on pricing is what I have been told by my sources and have passed along to our members.

$649 to purchase

$200 - $400 to lease depending on your standing with DISH Network. (I dont know how they determine this.)

I noticed this from the purchase agreement that is now shown when you order new service online.

"SlingLoaded DVR
(922) receivers support 1 TV and contain 2 tuners."

They are no longer calling it a SlingLoaded Duo DVR as I think that they did in the past.

They also note a charge of $17 when it is a secondary receiver.

Last edited:
I can't wait to hear from people that get the ViP922 once it starts shipping. Their reports, with no prior experience with it's development process, will be quite illuminating.

I noticed this from the purchase agreement that is now shown when you order new service online.

"SlingLoaded DVR
(922) receivers support 1 TV and contain 2 tuners."

They are no longer calling it a SlingLoaded Duo DVR as I think that they did in the past.

They also note a charge of $17 when it is a secondary receiver.

Does the DVR charge still show $10 instead of the traditional $6 fee?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)