Avatar Free to all 3D Vierra Purchasers

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
In addition to being the exclusive title in the upcoming promo for Panasonic, all previous purchasers prior to December 1st will also be able to receive a copy free. All you ned to do is attach a copy of your receipt to the disc request, which will be available Dec. 1 on the Panasonic site.

'Avatar - 3D' Blu-ray Panasonic Exclusive in December | High-Def Digest

Gotta love Panasonic.

S~

Yup thanks to another member I sent in the form yesterday. :)

I see the 3D Bluray is fetching over $400 on Ebay... hmm should I keep mine or ebay it. :D

Hmmmm. If you need more glasses, get the kit and sell the movie. Pays for itself.

S~

Yup thanks to another member I sent in the form yesterday. :)

I see the 3D Bluray is fetching over $400 on Ebay... hmm should I keep mine or ebay it. :D

There is software out there to rip to a hard drive or make a backup. I just filled out my form about two weeks ago. I purchased the TC-P54VT25. What 3D movies have you found so far that have the best 3d affects? There have been about a dozen releases so far. I just watched "A Christmas Carol" and was not impressed with it. I liked "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". I have five more which I have not yet watched: The Polar Express, Legends of the Guardians, Despicable Me, Monster House and IMAX Space Station. It seems like most have been cartoons. I am beginning to wonder if 3d is really hear to stay. I would be interested to see what they have at CES this year.

Last edited:
I bought Legends of the Guardians which is good for 3d effects, too bad that the movie by itself is very poor. And i liked Despicable Me in 3d on my TC-P50VT25 ...

I just put together a cue at Amazon of $200 worth of 3D disks to buy when my new projector arrives. I bought the Sony. :)

Most of the movies, I was not excited about but want a basic library as my starter. Then this afternoon, I was talking to my local BB manager and he said they expect to get some 3D Blu Rays in soon but had no idea what titles they would be.

I am very disappointed that the Avatar is reserved. I have no idea why they would do that. The movie is very popular and they could have sold a ton of them to every screen purchaser. I suspect the movie will eventually come off exclusive and then I can get it. I won't spend more than $35 for it however. It was a great story and I enjoyed it in the theater in 3D but it ain't no Star Trek or Star Wars! Frankly, I'm looking forward to Inception or Tron in 3D more than Avatar. Local BB does have Tron 3D Game for PS3 now.

I didn’t realize Panasonic had an exclusive on Avatar is 3D until a few days ago after not being able to find it anywhere. That sucks. I’ve never seen Avatar, honestly it doesn’t look like my type of movie but I was prepared to spend $40-50 on it on BluRay in 3D for the visual effects. Is the disc Panasonic gives out both the 2D and 3D versions of the movie of is it 3D only? I’m half tempted to buy it on eBay if I can get it for under $100.

Just thought I'd post that Panasonic is now giving Avatar free with the purchase of their BDT-100 3D bluray player. You can find the form with the player on Amazon but the offer is good with the purchase from any retailer.

Ed

Call me stupid, but I just bought Avatar in 3D for $135 on eBay. Figured that's the cheapest I could get it for so I pulled the trigger. I almost bought Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs in 3D today at Best Buy. That was $35. Avatar in 2D on BluRay is $40, I figure if it was available it would be $50. With that justification in my own head, I feel I overpaid about $50 bucks for the movie which is alright I guess considering how much I spent on the TV. Beside I put in 55 hours at work last week and will probably do the same this week and every week until at least mid April. So the money isn’t an issue

Steve, I was thinking of buying the Panny 3D Blue Ray player for $175 on Amazon and getting the Avatar 3D free. Then I'll give the player to my daughter for birthday or some occasion. Your thoughts?

From what I know, the disk will be exclusive to Panny until Feb 2012.

That should work, just don’t tell your Daughter about Avatar and you should be fine :D Although she might know something up if you keep it in the box and the UPC is gone. :) I was thinking about buying the player as well getting the free movie and selling it, but I really don’t want to wait 4-6 weeks for Avatar and I really don’t know anyone who I could sell the player to after I buy it, and I’m sure I couldn’t get much for it on eBay since I’m guessing most people who’d want it would also like Avatar.

$135 for a movie is a though pill to swallow for me, but I haven’t watched a full movie in 3D yet as I want Avatar to be the first, as that is supposed to be the benchmark for visual effects. I just hope I like it, I’m thinking I should have watched it on HBO first. I have watched some of the Free 3D On Demand stuff on cable in full and I’m blown away by that, but those aren’t really movies.

Buy yeah, your idea sounds good. Kill two birds with one stone. Get Avatar and a BD Player you can use as a gift.

Don- I already have the OPPO BD93 and it is working well. Had one BD movie fail, however. RED refused to play past the top menu. I stuck it in old fathful, the PS3 and it played without trouble. I am eager to test the PS3 player with 3D disks. Hope it is just as reliable.

I saw Avatar first in 3D theater and liked it so much returned to see the IMAX 3D theater with the 12KW sound system. Then I saw it on Rental BD. Haven't watched it since. Looking forward to the 3D HT experience but have no problem waiting for the coupon delivery.

Red played fine for me. Watched it Friday night. Couldn't find a lossless track on the NF rental, though. Which firmware?

S~

No 5.1 on the OPPO Netflix app yet. Only get 5.1 on XBOX360 and PS3 Netflix apps. I think over at AVS there are reports of several BD not playing on the OPPO 93. Also reports more frequently on the 83 too failing. After almost a year of excellent performance from OPPO, I'm now getting frequent disappointments like this. Too bad the user interface is so awkward on the PS3 or I would just make it my primary Blu Ray player.

No 5.1 on the OPPO Netflix app yet. Only get 5.1 on XBOX360 and PS3 Netflix apps. I think over at AVS there are reports of several BD not playing on the OPPO 93. Also reports more frequently on the 83 too failing. After almost a year of excellent performance from OPPO, I'm now getting frequent disappointments like this. Too bad the user interface is so awkward on the PS3 or I would just make it my primary Blu Ray player.

Not the streaming, it's not available. The disc version from NF had no lossless. Just DD5.1 and 2.0.

S~

Oh, sorry. RED has two disk releases, Special Edition and "Movie Only Edition" The SE has a DTS and DD5.1 tracks but Movie only ( What BB carries for rent) has just DD5.1 track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)