OTHER Avcom PSA-37D Spectrum Analyzer

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Anyone familiar with this vintage SA that came out years ago? It appears to be for satellite installations. I have checked the on-line manuals and specifications for the input impedance but can't find any info, I presume it is 75 Ohms?

Attachments

Brct203

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 24, 2016
Connecticut
I found a manual, but it does not specify if the BNC is 50 or 75 Ohm. But it does mention some examples of using RJ59 and F-to-BNC adapters so I guess 75 is ok.

I used this analyzer in the mid-90's and i think we were using 50 Ohm cables on the L-Band BNC input as most of our stuff including LNBs had N-type connectors. It was working well.

Attachments

Reactions: spongella

Titanium

AI6US
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Also hauled that beast around 20+ years ago (25-30lbs with internal batteries). Don't recall any spec on 50 vs 75 ohm. Most hardware that I worked with was 75 ohm.

A friend dropped one from a bucket truck @ 25 foot. Probably it is unnecessary to say... needed a bit more service than a buffing and realignment. I believe he was able to reuse the soft case on the replacement scope.

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Thanks for the comments. Saw an ad for these in an old satellite magazine, original price was $2475. Very tempted to get one as it's a no-frills SA and much cheaper than most.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)