OTHER Avcom PSA-37D Spectrum Analyzer

spongella

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2012
Central NJ
Anyone familiar with this vintage SA that came out years ago? It appears to be for satellite installations. I have checked the on-line manuals and specifications for the input impedance but can't find any info, I presume it is 75 Ohms?

Attachments

• avcom.jpg
    avcom.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 164
I found a manual, but it does not specify if the BNC is 50 or 75 Ohm. But it does mention some examples of using RJ59 and F-to-BNC adapters so I guess 75 is ok.

I used this analyzer in the mid-90's and i think we were using 50 Ohm cables on the L-Band BNC input as most of our stuff including LNBs had N-type connectors. It was working well.

Attachments

• PSA-37D.pdf
    244.7 KB · Views: 628
Reactions: spongella
Also hauled that beast around 20+ years ago (25-30lbs with internal batteries). Don't recall any spec on 50 vs 75 ohm. Most hardware that I worked with was 75 ohm.

A friend dropped one from a bucket truck @ 25 foot. Probably it is unnecessary to say... needed a bit more service than a buffing and realignment. I believe he was able to reuse the soft case on the replacement scope.

Thanks for the comments. Saw an ad for these in an old satellite magazine, original price was $2475. Very tempted to get one as it's a no-frills SA and much cheaper than most.

Attachments

• avcom ad.jpg
    avcom ad.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 176

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts