Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?

Well, the temp continued to rise just like the 622/722, so I added the usb fan to it.

I checked for hot spots with my hand, and the warmest part of the top was the front left (facing the dvr), which makes sense according to the internal pics. The 622/722 had the power supply on that side but more in the rear, the 722k design appears to have moved all of that forward.

Instead of having the fan at the rear left pulling out (like my 622/722), I have it at the front left pulling, which has greatly cooled the top of the cover. Its holding at 113 avg, we'll see what happens.

Something like this may have been posted earlier, but I found this and wanted to pass along. My 722 died this weekend. Replacement coming. Thought it would be smart to start over with a fan. I have several case fans and USB cables laying around. This is a good DIY for 622/722 cooling fans.

USB Desktop Fan

I was only about to get 116 avg trying all usb fan configs with my 722k.

I have now removed the cover and taken the usb fan out. Will see what that does.

Checking 622 vip temperture

I am not able to check the temp of my 622 vip. Went to diagnostic screen then counters and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

I am not able to check the temp of my 622 vip. Went to diagnostic screen then counters and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

What do you mean by "nothing happens"? Once you get to the counters screen, you should scroll down 3 or 4 times, and you will see the HDD temp lines.

Im thinking he did not click "counters"
I did select counters, and a list of stuff appeared on the screen however when I tried to select any of the options I was not able to highlight any of them so that I could find the temp readings. Is it possible that I am not on the most current release? There is absolutely nothing in the documentation on this issue.

About a week with replacement 722. Have two 80mm fans blowing under from the left (unit is on 1" risers).

High: 135
Low: 85
Avg: 122

Old unit average was 116 with NO fan. Will try moving to other side to suck air out.

Installed my 722 on 31 May. Average temp got up to 120 so installed two fans on the exhaust side 16 Jun, with no risers. Todays readings are:

High: 116
Low: 96
Avg: 109

Well, by removing my usb fan and removing the cover, i took my avg temp from 116 to 122 :mad:

New experiment is something smith suggested awhile back. Im leaving the cover off, and have placed my usb fan in the location of the red box, firing air down.

6211.jpg

Replacing

I have the same heat readings as Speedlever above.

DVR dead. Tried reformatting etc. Nothing.

New one coming. Dead one only 2 months old. Located in closed TV stand with glass doors. Very hot.

New one will be outside in air-conditioned room. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for a great forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts