Awesome Directv headend I'm building for a hotel

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Lots of places just use the 4 networks as space is at a premium when working with 24, 36 or 48 channels.

The places that drive me crazy is when they mix the analog with the HD, and then don't take the time to get the numbering in the correct order and do 30.1 , 30.2, 33, 35.1 etc.

It can be all mapped down to 2,3,4,5,6 if the installers would take the time to map down the tv's or headend correctly.

I have a few questions about how this all works. Do the DCI401MCS's require programming for each individual system or do they download the map themselves. For example, if I take my own DCI401MCS into a hotel and hook it up to the cable line that ordinarily runs to the TV would it download the correct mapping for that hotel and tune the channels on its' own? Or, are they specifically programmed to each system?

My second question... if they are using Off Air signals for the local HD stations, and only SD channels from DirecTV are they required to Pro:Idiom encrypt the local HDs or would they be tuneable with an "open" QAM encoder?

Locals are not required to be encrypted if coming from ota (I think)

The DCI box gets the program data for the com2000. It will do a scan when you hook it up initially.

Good deal. One final question, I noticed the DCI has both HDMI and RF Outputs. Is the RF coax output on the DCI box capable of displaying HD resolutions too, or is that for SD only. Also, is the RF output on the DCI box an analog output to channel 3/4 or QAM? The datasheet isn't very specific.

Is there really any way to integrate local OTA signals into a com2000 system?

The com46 modules don't have ATSC tuners do they, nor is there any plug-in type tuner dongle capability for them is it?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

There is a full size rack mount add on that allows integrating up to 8 off air channels.

http://www.technicolor.com/en/solut...lutions/solutions-lodging-institutions/atsc-8
Hey cool, thanks for the update ...

Wasn't aware of this accessory.

But wonder if it still operates in the same crummy fashion as the residential AM21/AM22, relying on DIRECTV's inaccurate OTA database downloaded from the satellite to determine available channels and guide data?

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Maybe Hotels and motels are more,
I didn't get quoted that for 50 TV setup for H25s.

The first 10 were free, and the other 40 were $35 a piece. All Leased
They wanted $50 until they saw Dish Network's estimate.

We bought the rack, and the Electrician ran all the HDMI when we built the bar.
This isn't no home owner HDMI cable either. It's thicker then RG11 coax.

We have a single slimline 5, with 2 swm 32 multiswitches.
Each tv is connected a single HDMI , all 50 H25 are in a rack in my back office controlled By 50 individual remotes in RF mode.
My tv range is from 20 feet -105 feet from the rack.
They also installed some type of battery backup, but we also have an automatic generator that kicks in in like 5 seconds.
I also get around 200 channels.
Full MLB EI, and Soon NFL ST.

Not one hiccup going on a month now.

Dish was giving an option but had nothing to offer and wanted 25% more upfront cost with less channels options.

Cable was right there but wanted to charge me an outlet fee on top of a receiver fee, or I could have just went Basic plus only with No HD.

No way.

I have a Sports bar.
No HD, No YES,SNY, MSG = No customers
Comcast Philadelphia isn't required since the Eagles are broadcast locally.

Let's just say even at $1400 for 40 H25, once the Installation fee was factored in and the commercial sports packages. That bill was far greater than that $1400 receivers fees.
Try 5 digits lol.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Tony
$35 vs $75

That's for hotel pricing.

Usually it's $59 vs $99 on the residential side

at revolution they announced it will be cheaper to use h25s over d12 as they will be dropping the buydown for the d12s and changing pricing on the h25s. this is so when the 101 bird drops in 2019 that you will still be able to get a signal.

Maybe Hotels and motels are more,
I didn't get quoted that for 50 TV setup for H25s.

The first 10 were free, and the other 40 were $35 a piece. All Leased
They wanted $50 until they saw Dish Network's estimate.

We bought the rack, and the Electrician ran all the HDMI when we built the bar.
This isn't no home owner HDMI cable either. It's thicker then RG11 coax.

We have a single slimline 5, with 2 swm 32 multiswitches.
Each tv is connected a single HDMI , all 50 H25 are in a rack in my back office controlled By 50 individual remotes in RF mode.
My tv range is from 20 feet -105 feet from the rack.
They also installed some type of battery backup, but we also have an automatic generator that kicks in in like 5 seconds.
I also get around 200 channels.
Full MLB EI, and Soon NFL ST.

Not one hiccup going on a month now.

Dish was giving an option but had nothing to offer and wanted 25% more upfront cost with less channels options.

Cable was right there but wanted to charge me an outlet fee on top of a receiver fee, or I could have just went Basic plus only with No HD.

No way.

I have a Sports bar.
No HD, No YES,SNY, MSG = No customers
Comcast Philadelphia isn't required since the Eagles are broadcast locally.

Let's just say even at $1400 for 40 H25, once the Installation fee was factored in and the commercial sports packages. That bill was far greater than that $1400 receivers fees.
Try 5 digits lol.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
What bar if you don't mind me asking, I live in eagles territory, even though that's a huge area lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Troch77
I don't mind you asking, But to avoid any specifics and cyber stalking we are close to Allentown.
You may have been there already.
It's only a year and Half old.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I'm closer to scranton, but same general area, never drank down that way, it's a different dma so I don't work that way thus never got a hotel out there

Reactions: Troch77
I'm closer to scranton, but same general area, never drank down that way, it's a different dma so I don't work that way thus never got a hotel out there

I wasn't worried about you by the way .

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It's more of a Sports bar like a TGI Fridays.
Our next phase is to get a full Hotel on the 200 acres next door.
We've talked to a few of the Big companies, and we may have something in the works but it's years out.
The plan was to sell to the hotel chain so far Hilton and Marriott are the 2 possibilities.
But lots of things have to fall in place .
Lots of lawyers involved and stuff I couldn't even begin to know.

But right now we are just enjoying the atmosphere and the business is excellent.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)