AZ Box Premium + Blind Scan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
Someimes when I do a blind scan the AZ will find the TPs, then will say the searching is complete, but it does not scan the actual TPs to find the channels. I then have go to into the Satellite Scan and it will scan the found FRs and give me the channels. Other times it will complete the blind scan and go right in to the satellite scan and come up with the channels. It is not a problem for me, I am just wondering if this happens for anyone else.

Hi Jim,

I haven't been blind scanning in a while. However I do recall this glitch on just a few occasions. It seemed to happen with some of the oddball or lesser used satellites. Not 97W, 101W, 125W, 83W or 30W or the like, these always scan fine for me.

I don't recall if this was more frequent with a particular FW or with all FW's. I didn't pay particular attention to it because it only happened but a few times. But, yes I have observed this same action within the past year and a half.

Gordy

Someimes when I do a blind scan the AZ will find the TPs, then will say the searching is complete, but it does not scan the actual TPs to find the channels. I then have go to into the Satellite Scan and it will scan the found FRs and give me the channels. Other times it will complete the blind scan and go right in to the satellite scan and come up with the channels. It is not a problem for me, I am just wondering if this happens for anyone else.

Interesting -- When this happens to me, I assume that the scan found data streams that were neither video or audio or an encrypted set of channels. I think I will try the Satellite Scan on a spacecraft where I know I should be getting something and see what happens.

I figured this out because I was geting a lot of TPs and no channels. Like you, I thought it was data streams with no video. So one night I blind scanned with the AZ, got lots of TPs and no channels. I then scanned the same satellite with the Traxis and got a bunch of channels. That's when I decided to try satellite scan on the AZ. It worked. So now if I don't get any channels on the blind scan I save the TPs then go to satellite scan. It works every time.

I figured this out because I was geting a lot of TPs and no channels. Like you, I thought it was data streams with no video. So one night I blind scanned with the AZ, got lots of TPs and no channels. I then scanned the same satellite with the Traxis and got a bunch of channels. That's when I decided to try satellite scan on the AZ. It worked. So now if I don't get any channels on the blind scan I save the TPs then go to satellite scan. It works every time.

Obviously there is some sort of error or glitch in the programming or current firmware for the blind scan routine. Item #4137 on the BUG list!
(Ha ha, I am just joking).

Gordy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts