Azbox Browser - How Do You Navigate in It - for Keyboard Commands?

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
When in the Azbox Browser I can get to and change my Favourites, but does anyone know how you can successfully place keyboard commands & navigate to get to the desired Internet Site? Unless I missed it, I don't think this is covered in the very useful Az-Box User Guide, but then likely maybe it's because everyone is not using the Browser?

When in the Azbox Browser I can get to and change my Favourites, but does anyone know how you can successfully place keyboard commands & navigate to get to the desired Internet Site? Unless I missed it, I don't think this is covered in the very useful Az-Box User Guide, but then likely maybe it's because everyone is not using the Browser?

Jsattv,

You pretty much answered your own question. Even I do not use the browser. Sorry. A lot of the bells and whistles that the AZBox has don't function for me due to my intenernet connection. speed.

RADAR

Thanks Radar, well at best my WIFI internet connection to the Browser seems slow. I just spent some time with my ISP to get my slow Internet Connection improved, this is what I previously worked on ie. helping improve Telco Customers High Speed for IPTV and ADSL. The You Tube connection at least is a lot faster, but maybe with the right Navigation commands the Browser would be faster.

USB keyboard will work for some stuff but have some funky commands. I use mine primarily for editing satellites. There is info online on key strokes for the AZBox and Google is your friend. I have used the browser function in the past but only to see if it did work, which it does with limited capabilities.

I just hooked up my wireless keyboard and it barely works. Very slow to respond.

The browser is pretty much useless.

I don't see any type of pointer so I guess using a mouse is not an option?

Flash player doesn't work either when using the Browser....so you won't be able to watch any movies such as on hulu.co_.
There are no 'page down' functions on the remote, so moving about the page is difficult in the absence of a pointer.
The usb keyboard works, but, as I recall, something other than 'space' occurs when you press space bar and it throws off the whole process.
Other keyboard anomalies exist to challenge you as well.
If you have satellite internet at basic package, wireless AZBox is slower to load than wireless 'puter. You are just as well off to use the 'puter.

G'luck!

Thanks for the replies. I was trying to pick up a Sports event that was on local cable and broadcast on line. Picked it up by by going on the computer. As mentioned the Azbox Browser is extremely slow, and I found some limited surfing movement by pressing left and right and up and down as well as OK keys, but I agree at present the Browser is pretty well useless, but at least we know it works!.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts