AZBox channel updates

skink

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
southern ontario
I loaded the latest firmware and notice an option to update channels via usb flash.Is this possible and can the satellite and transponders be updated this way aswell.

I loaded the latest firmware and notice an option to update channels via usb flash.Is this possible and can the satellite and transponders be updated this way aswell.

? I've been using the 4931 firmware for a couple weeks now, and I never noticed that option. I have NO idea of what that option does, or what kind of file it's looking for. Since there is an internet option too, I looked in the DISK2 directory, and see a "channel_URL" file, and thought that if I went there, I might at least see what file format is used, but that file contains the Set Top Boxes, Media Center: High Definition | AZBOX address, so that didn't help much.
Perhaps the next time I wipe the memory clear, I might try it from the Az box to see what happens.

Thanks for the reply B.J. I really haven't explore this receiver out of fear i might "screw" something up and be left with SD viewing only.I'm use to the Pansat 9200HD .The elite is totally different animal to tame!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Sidebar