AZBox Editor

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I have been searching for an editor program for the AZBox that will truly and actually work without crashing the moment you try to edit a channel name or move a channel or edit a satellite or transponder.

I have tried many so far and at the first sign of an error or a crash, I shut it off and remove the program from my PC and I patiently wait for another version or something else to come along.

I am not certain that I found the best thing here, but I loaded and tried it with one simple task and it did that task very well. I feel very hopeful after all this time waiting, that I want to share it with anyone that wishes to test it out, too.

It is called MaZEdit 2.3 (MaZ_2.3).

I will attach the zip file for this application program here. If you have the guts to test it, great! The first indication I got was that it worked without crashing, but I only tested a very simple activity.

I connected to my AZBox with it, wirelessly. I uploaded my current channel list from my AZBox to this PC and renamed a channel. Then I simply downloaded the newly updated channel list back to the AZBox. I was prompted with a message that the box would need to reboot to effect the changes, and that if this was acceptable, I should click OK to proceed. I did, the box rebooted and my alterations were in effect!

I know that this was a very simple test, but it was the best that I have found thus far out of any of the editor programs that I have tried.

I haven't tested everything yet, obviously. But, I am very elated that it worked this good for me this far! This all went so smooth that I want to believe that all hitches were corrected. That has yet to be seen, of course.

If you wish to try it, I have attached the application in a zip format here. Please inform all of us if you try it and have success beyond what I have tested. I am going to play with it some more when I have more time. I personally don't garauntee it, so you have to play with it at your own risk.

Hopefully, some of you are bold enough and eager as I to fool around with this channel editor program, regardless of the consequences and will provide feedback.

Maybe this one will work well. I have a good feeling so far.

RADAR

Attachments

• MaZ_2.3.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 835
Hopefully 2.3 has fixed the bug with diseqc.

Here is the version info:

view. 2.3

- Modified the functions of access channels (now the location of channels is not based on his position but in the memory channel data, this ahara that some channels could not find, now located).
- Fixed bug - when attempting to remove the last channel on the list was error
- Added the orbital position in the list of configuration sats, besides these are sorted automatically by this position to open the list or change its position.
- Due to problems you might encounter on the list to change the transponder's own data on one channel (due to the tree structure that has the list) has disabled the ability to modify the frequency and polarity to edit a channel.
- Added on to open a channel list directly from the backup file generated by Azbox in a pendrive. It is also possible to save the list in this format to pass to Azbox a pendrive using the Restore option configuration menu (This way the list is reloaded without restarting the Azbox, but unfortunately not so with the configuration of satellites. Likewise, in the backup, the azbox not include the file with the recording reservation list and although this is added to the backup file from the MaZ, resetting is passed to Azbox but also require a reboot. I got reported in the official forum to see if they fix).
- Added the ability to sort the overall list (that list has to be ordered virtually - by clicking on the column - should be in "TV channels" or "radio channels" and "All satellites) , the channels are ordered by drawing them to the desired position.
- Added Hungarian language
- Added Swedish language.
- Since I met channel lists (especially with tuners B), which channels had to make a tuner that had been added either to the virtual channel list all channels but were not added to the tv channels or radio channels, I created a function to verify these lists by adding the missing channels and channel clearing debris that may have been be deleted. this function is executed to open a list and hope to make more stable lists.

Last edited:
I've been using Maz for the last 6 weeks or so and it appears to be very stable. So far the best editor I have tried!

Hopefully 2.3 has fixed the bug with diseqc.

Have you both been using version 2.3? This is the first time I have tried it and I don't know when it was actually isued, date-wise. Seems to work good for me so far! Good luck to you and everyone else as well.

Putney, what bug did you have with DiSeqC? I use USALS exclusively, except for 30.0W which is beyond the range of USALS for me. Or are your referring to another function, other than motor control?

RADAR

I have some problem with MAZ. Can someone check this out?

Satellite on position/index '0' is showing diferent data in MAZ and AZBOX. In my case; AZBOX is showing LNB as a standard, LO 10750, but MAZ is showing as an universal and LO 10750 (disabled editing).
In MAZ, channels from satellite on index '0' (in my case AMC21)are not showing up at all, but I have no problem watching it. AzBox is listing them correctly.

MAZ 2.3, FW 0.9.3877

Yurek,

I will try to experiment with mine as much as possible, but I don't know how much time I will have. Also, I have firmware version 0.9.4110 and not 0.9.3877 installed, so we may find some differences here.

You are also going to have to rephrase what you are saying about this, because I am either very tired or I am not understanding you quite right. I get the deal about the LNBF type, but the rest is confusing me. Are you describing several independant problems?

I will let you know if I pick up on any "bugs" as I play with Maz 2.3 in the next couple of days.

Catch you soon Yurek,

RADAR

H
Putney, what bug did you have with DiSeqC? I use USALS exclusively, except for 30.0W which is beyond the range of USALS for me. Or are your referring to another function, other than motor control?

RADAR

One problem with Maz 2.2 was that it would shuffle DiSeqC settings after transferring from computer back to the box. I use DiSeqC for my offset LNB's ( Cband, Circular). Setting up 'dummy' USALS positions can cure this issue.

Thanks for the file AcWxRadar. Have not downloaded this yet and was going to start looking for it.:up

I have some problem with MAZ. Can someone check this out?

Satellite on position/index '0' is showing diferent data in MAZ and AZBOX. In my case; AZBOX is showing LNB as a standard, LO 10750, but MAZ is showing as an universal and LO 10750 (disabled editing).
In MAZ, channels from satellite on index '0' (in my case AMC21)are not showing up at all, but I have no problem watching it. AzBox is listing them correctly.

MAZ 2.3, FW 0.9.3877

Yurek,

I observed the same problem on my system with MAZ 2.3 but with FW 0.9.4142.

The satellite listed with index '0' happened to be Nimiq 5. I had it set up as LNB 11.250, but Maz Edit showed it as Universal 10.750. I didn't have any channels scanned on this satellite, so I cannot confirm what you observed in regards to the channels not showing.

I deleted this satellite using the AZBox remote and downloaded the channel list again. This time Nimiq 5 was removed, but no satellite was labeled with index '0'.

Obviously there is some flaw here.

One thing that is really handy, you can take screen shots directly from the editor and even screen shots of the On Screen Displays. I'll post a few just for examples. There is one small glitch here, it saves the images as a PNG file. You have to change them to jpg to upload here.

Also, notice that on the setup screen, it shows INTERNET NOT AVAILABLE. I am connected and everything is working fine. Another bug!

RADAR

Attachments

• Setup.jpg
    Setup.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Setup2.jpg
    Setup2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Storage.jpg
    Storage.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 228
Thanks Radar, I've noticed with daily builds, bugs are re-apearing. For the time being I'm staying with 3877.
I think, issue with index 0 was happening before nad has something to do with few version of .DAT file. Looks to me like some data get 'shifted'.
I'm thinking about re-doing all my SATs and TPs (in XML format and re-importing them through AZBoxEdit), but it is very time consuming.

BTW: From programmer doing AZBoxEdit, I've got message that he is releasing a new version very soon.
BTW2: What is LNB and antenna you have on AMC9? I'm getting about 8% less on 1 m dish with QPH-031

BTW: From programmer doing AZBoxEdit, I've got message that he is releasing a new version very soon.

That will be good, maybe some additions and improvements.

BTW2: What is LNB and antenna you have on AMC9? I'm getting about 8% less on 1 m dish with QPH-031

I am using an Invacom QPH-031 as well. The antenna is a GEOSAT pro 1.2 M, but I also use a Winegard DS-2076 76 cm dish and get pretty much the same results. My results on the RTN transponder are usually just a tick higher at 51% Q, but it varies.

RADAR

Yurek,

One thing that is really handy, you can take screen shots directly from the editor and even screen shots of the On Screen Displays. I'll post a few just for examples. There is one small glitch here, it saves the images as a PNG file. You have to change them to jpg to upload here.

Also, notice that on the setup screen, it shows INTERNET NOT AVAILABLE. I am connected and everything is working fine. Another bug!

RADAR

Hmmmm, I'm using Maz 2.3 here also but still on firmware 9.4110 and when
I saved a screen shot the default type shows "Archivos Jpg". Saved with jpg
extension but your right, was actually a png file. My Internet Status shows
Normal (Connected) also but I'm using a wired connection.

Attachments

• Setup.jpg
    Setup.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 202
  • System.jpg
    System.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 187
I had my Video Resolution set to 1080i a while back and after one of the last updates
it changed to auto. Seems to be displaying the HD feeds ok so I left it there. With it
set that way it displays the AUTO (EDID) in the system information.

Attachments

• Display.jpg
    Display.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 173
I have MaZ running and see how to edit and FTP files. But what folders/files are the satellite and channel files located in, in my AZBox?

I see all_channel.dat but it appears empty even though it shows 1,631 KB.

Thanks,

Dennis

I have MaZ running and see how to edit and FTP files. But what folders/files are the satellite and channel files located in, in my AZBox?

I see all_channel.dat but it appears empty even though it shows 1,631 KB.

Thanks,

Dennis

The main files are located within the folder DISK2. There are three main files; all_channel.dat, antenna_list and DVBS. You might wish to add browser_conf as well.

I think if you backup and save the entire DISK2 folder you might be better off. However, there is an even better method that is much simpler...

Insert a USB drive and use the back-up/restore option in one of the menus. This will put everything you need to backup all the necessary files on the USB and when you want to restore it all, it takes all those files and re-instates them. I made a post somewhere here regarding this that is more specific than what I state here.

RADAR

Now I have a mess. I discovered the Channel Lists and did some editing and saved it on my PC. Then I moved it back to the AZBox and re-booted and now I see my channel lists but nothing is being received.

I did do a backup to my USB drive earlier today. And am I glad I did. But before I restore it, I would like to find out why this did not work?

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts