AZBox Elite HD - What to do with a Shiny New Toy

Got mine today. In a few short hours, I can already tell this is one sweet unit. I love the telnet, ftp functionality, the menu's, just the over all feature set. Looking forward further updates on it.

Here's a challenge for you. I've been trying to use the browser to get into HULU ( just because !) and haven't yet figured how to enter my login information for HULU. Navigating a webpage with a remote control is not a cup of tea, exactly.
If you ever succeed, try to remember your keystrokes to get into the username box. :)

There is a new version of the editor at AZBox World.

Azbox Edit 0.9.2371

I was having problems after scanning channels into the list and pulling it over to the computer. If I clicked on any satellite that had been scanned in, I was getting the Runtime 380 error.

I reported the problem at AzBox4YU and Telesat asked for me to submit my files for them to test.

They have now fixed the issue for those of us using Diseqc Combinations as well as fixing some bugs and added a couple of new features.

In the Organize Satellites & Transponders Tab, you can now set the Diseqc Combinations. I can also change a Channel Name without it crashing.

I tried to up load the file in zip format, but the size exceeds the limit. You can get the original in rar format from the above link.

I am about to pull the trigger on one of these. I would like to know if it automatically decodes AC3 (PBS feeds) and you get audio out of the RCA R,L connectors.

Thanks
Rick

YES it does.

All of the audio that comes out of the RCA jacks is a mixed mono of the sources that are being fed. One of the units many faults is that it cant get stereo oaudio output here, confirmed this on AMG TV whihc has mono audio on one channel and on the AZBox it is the same on R & L.

The other big one for me is you can set the timer with a time but not a channel to tune it to. (Unless I am missing something here, I did nto get an instrcution manual with mine)

All of the audio that comes out of the RCA jacks is a mixed mono of the sources that are being fed. One of the units many faults is that it cant get stereo oaudio output here, confirmed this on AMG TV whihc has mono audio on one channel and on the AZBox it is the same on R & L.

I hadn't noticed that, mainly because I generally use the HDMI output, instead of the R/L/V . The HDMI does give proper L/R audio on that channel, ie out of left channel only. While the R/L RCA jacks, like you say, seem to give the same out of both sides.
HOWEVER, the audio from the audio PID that has stereo does sound significantly different from the one that only has the left mono through both channels, so I wonder if it could possibly be functioning different on the real stereo channel?? Strange, whatever the answer.

WARNING AT 58W BE VERY CAREFUL SCANNING THIS SAT WITH AZBOX

Finally I was able to get the box all set ( NOT a box for a beginner...my buddy knows a bit about pc's and set it all up for me....what a trip...lol ), what a "SWEET" stb it is indeed !!!.

Yesterday I was scanning the eastern sats over the Atlantic and while scanning 58w I did locked in a lot of tp's, in one of the tp's there's a channel, EURONEWS, I did saved all the channels and when I did back up to tv to see what channels I was able to watch the box give me an error message (it looks like this....error with the program please reboot your azbox...or something very close to it ), the box will freeze completely, I did the reboot and it kept giving me the same error message, by luck I was able to google it and found a french person had this problem before, here's the SOLUTION to the problem if it ever happens to you, when you reboot the box ( during rebooting keep pressing the home button and change to settings right away, that will take you off the tv mode ), then, power off the box and disconect all the cables off ( this is so the box don't get any signal from the sat. or pc. ), power on the box again ( remember NOT to connect any other cable ) go to settings-tv channel-sat / tp edit, find 58 w sat and delete it, after that you will be all set, power off the box, connect all your cables and you'll be ready to enjoy your box once again, btw, the person who helped the french guy call this problem the " euronews channel bug", so be very careful with this channels it will corrupt the box.

Take care fellow ftar's.

Does it matter if you use DVB-S/QPSK or DVB-S2/8QPSK in the antenna setup? I wasn't able to pull in stuff on AMC18 even though I tried selecting both. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong and I'll probably figure it out shortly after clicking on Post. :)

yes it does. you will have to use the proper modulation squeme and format that matches the transponder you want to get. check lyngsat.com for the proper info. make sure you have the dish properly aligned and use the proper LNB settings as well. DVB-S2 signals can use either QPSK or 8PSK modulation , and the latter is more difficult to lock , usually requiring bigger antennas and for some 8PSK you need to set the pilot on but I do not think Lyngsat has that info , so it will be trial and error.

yes it does. you will have to use the proper modulation squeme and format that matches the transponder you want to get. check lyngsat.com for the proper info. make sure you have the dish properly aligned and use the proper LNB settings as well. DVB-S2 signals can use either QPSK or 8PSK modulation , and the latter is more difficult to lock , usually requiring bigger antennas and for some 8PSK you need to set the pilot on but I do not think Lyngsat has that info , so it will be trial and error.

What is this Pilot? And can it be set on all the time without causing problems?

Also, when I try to add satellites with the Azbox Settings menu, I can't get anything off those added sats AND when I go back to watching TV I get "No Signal" on the screen. When I reboot the Azbox, the channels can be viewed again. From Rick's forum, the Azbox channel editor is a problem, also. I am unable to receive the existing files without crashing the application (AZBoxEditor). Hopefully, I'll find a more reliable way to do the Azbox editing and hopefully I won't "brick" my box in the process. :rant:

do the math

Any new information on when they might fix the high bitrate recording or add blindscan?

heard something about a really hot place freezing over. LOL
but really
the blind scan will never work right without a different tuner.
but the bit rate if it can do it they should open it up,
i think they are full of it,at this point. if not azbox prove me wrong.
but OUR issues are not at the top of their list they have proven that in the past few months.
bet they sell 10-20 boxes here a week and a few hundred in euro land, do the math.

Any new information on when they might fix the high bitrate recording or add blindscan?

Bring your tail over here for an afternoon and you can see what it does instead of asking fool questions.....;):D

(Tron and I know each other, for those of you that might be wondering what the hell is going on here...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)