Original poster
O.K. guys and gals, for the past 4 to 5 weeks, have been observing all the
comments concerning these two receivers. I know each has its own likes and
dis-likes.
I have funds to buy one or the other, and I really want to purchase one this
week, before my Hands get into the cookie jar, and worst case, will not be
able to purchase either one.

So, which one should it be. Sathawk could be great with updates, and so can
the AzBox Elite. But with a 100 bucks difference, I am leaning towards Sathawk.
Any comments appreciated.

Elite can do S2 & 4:2:2...the Sathawk cant do 4:2:2
Sathawk has blind scan...azbox doesnt (well it has a piss poor one)
Elite can play any feed out there...Sathawk has issues with high bitrate
Both have issues recording on high bitrate
Sathawk doesnt need FEC & pilot for S2, the azbox does

If you are KU only or a fixed C-Band, I personally would get the azbox and use another receiver for blind scanning. Most S2 is on C-Band and I havent really found anything out there in S2 that I didnt know already

Elite can do S2 & 4:2:2...the Sathawk cant do 4:2:2
Sathawk has blind scan...azbox doesnt (well it has a piss poor one)
Elite can play any feed out there...Sathawk has issues with high bitrate
Both have issues recording on high bitrate
Sathawk doesnt need FEC & pilot for S2, the azbox does

If you are KU only or a fixed C-Band, I personally would get the azbox and use another receiver for blind scanning. Most S2 is on C-Band and I havent really found anything out there in S2 that I didnt know already

Iceberg, only will be using KU, as you remember I live in a Mobile Home,
using GeosatPro 90cm. I have Pansat 3500 and Neosat IPRO, which has
very fast scanning. Looks like AZbox Elite.

The ultra has hardware blind scan and a Svideo from what I recall
elite was the original and doesnt have blind scan and has no svideo (but a SCART connector)

The ultra is supposedly the North American version

from a thread in the azbox area looks like the Ultra wont playback a high bitrate HD feed.It will not scan any Dvb-S2 feeds with an fec higher than 3/4.

The elite will do both just fine. The elite will playback any signal fed into it (high bitrate or not)

from a thread in the azbox area looks like the Ultra wont playback a high bitrate HD feed.It will not scan any Dvb-S2 feeds with an fec higher than 3/4.

The elite will do both just fine. The elite will playback any signal fed into it (high bitrate or not)

thnks Iceberg, going to break down tomorrow, and order the Elite, someday they
will fix the Blind Scan issue.

To the original poster: I don't suppose waiting for SatelliteAV to get his new box on the market is an option? I don't know when it's going to be done, but it's supposed to have blind scan, 4:2:2, and be thoroughly tested for the American hobbyist market before it's released. And, I could swear that I heard him say once that it was going to be under $200! The only thing I don't remember hearing is whether it's going to incorporate a media player like the AZBox series. (The SatHawk's media player is a worthless toy.)

To the original poster: I don't suppose waiting for SatelliteAV to get his new box on the market is an option? I don't know when it's going to be done, but it's supposed to have blind scan, 4:2:2, and be thoroughly tested for the American hobbyist market before it's released. And, I could swear that I heard him say once that it was going to be under $200! The only thing I don't remember hearing is whether it's going to incorporate a media player like the AZBox series. (The SatHawk's media player is a worthless toy.)

Hummm, lets see what Brian says. I can wait, not in desperate rush. As long as,
it can record would be fine with me, and work with sg2100, and very important
a great Blind Scan

I will always have room for another receiver with those features and price point!:):D It does not have to be another Azbox-like.........just do DVB S2, 4:2:2 SD/HD, have a fast blindscan, play hi-bit rate properly and I will be a happy camper.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)