Azbox external hard drive questions

AZBoxusa.com

I don't see anything on either their website or their ebay listings that says it comes with an ISDB-T tuner, but it's still a lot cheaper there than anywhere else.

I called them on the phone - The lady told me it came with DVB-S2 & ISDB-T tuners. She read it from the side of the box. When I mentioned that ATSC was referenced on the specification at her web site, she was clueless. Had no idea what I was talking about.

Has anybody here bought the AZBox Premium HD from these guys? Which tuners were included?

Would 1 Terabyte Toshiba USB Drive be compatibe with the AZBox Elite? Just saw one for under $100.:confused:

Last edited:
I use a 1 TB WD Elements drive with mine, no issues. You should be fine, just be sure and let the Azbox format it. :D

Also, do not exceed 1 TB with any HDD used with the AZBox. I have read that 1 TB is the maximum that the (currently available) firmware for the AZBox will recognize.

I have not attempted to prove the reports of this wrong. But, really, do we need to? I think 1 TB is sufficiently large enough now. If you truly desire more space than this, I think that more drives of smaller space would be better. That is my personal opinion, but I do base it on obvious and logical pros and cons.

I really do like the Samsung green drives that I am using. No troubles with them, low power usage and fairly competitive price.

However, just to clarify, the Samsung HDD drives that I am using are internal drives installed in the AZBox Premium model, not an external USB drive for either the Elite or the Premium.

If I were to recommend an internal HDD for an AZBox Premium to a friend or relative, I would recommend the Samsung 500 GB HD502HI (or a similar model if any newer versions are available).

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)