Azbox external hard drive questions

AZBoxusa.com

I don't see anything on either their website or their ebay listings that says it comes with an ISDB-T tuner, but it's still a lot cheaper there than anywhere else.

I called them on the phone - The lady told me it came with DVB-S2 & ISDB-T tuners. She read it from the side of the box. When I mentioned that ATSC was referenced on the specification at her web site, she was clueless. Had no idea what I was talking about.

Has anybody here bought the AZBox Premium HD from these guys? Which tuners were included?

Would 1 Terabyte Toshiba USB Drive be compatibe with the AZBox Elite? Just saw one for under $100.:confused:

Last edited:
I use a 1 TB WD Elements drive with mine, no issues. You should be fine, just be sure and let the Azbox format it. :D

Also, do not exceed 1 TB with any HDD used with the AZBox. I have read that 1 TB is the maximum that the (currently available) firmware for the AZBox will recognize.

I have not attempted to prove the reports of this wrong. But, really, do we need to? I think 1 TB is sufficiently large enough now. If you truly desire more space than this, I think that more drives of smaller space would be better. That is my personal opinion, but I do base it on obvious and logical pros and cons.

I really do like the Samsung green drives that I am using. No troubles with them, low power usage and fairly competitive price.

However, just to clarify, the Samsung HDD drives that I am using are internal drives installed in the AZBox Premium model, not an external USB drive for either the Elite or the Premium.

If I were to recommend an internal HDD for an AZBox Premium to a friend or relative, I would recommend the Samsung 500 GB HD502HI (or a similar model if any newer versions are available).

RADAR

How do you make catagory selections in the Channel Selection Menu?

Can the Azbox talk to UPNP or DLNA hosts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts