Azbox HD Premium Plus - Motorized - 103.0 W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

donaldelee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
Has anybody been able to receive NBC East, NBC West, Pentagon Channel, NBC Central, and Universal Sports on 103.0W? I am able to receive Microsoft 1. Does the NBC channels play continous? Or, are they feeds? Thanks for all responses.

103W Ku has a messed-up polarization. It's 26 degrees away from what it should be. (I don't remember which direction.)

That said, you should be able to get Pentagon and many of the temporary feeds with the "normal" skew for that position on the arc, unless your dish is really small. The NBC HD feeds and Universal Sports are DVB-S2, and like most S2 signals, will require your alignment to be precise, AND the skew to be correct for that satellite, unless you have a really big dish.

The NBC HD transponders are almost always hot, but the channels are black sometimes. I think they're mostly primetime, except Universal Sports.

103.W

How do I set the skew for that satellite? The Azbox is a computer! What a learning curve! IThought my reflector was pretty well aligned.
Thanks!

How do I set the skew for that satellite? The Azbox is a computer! What a learning curve! IThought my reflector was pretty well aligned.
Thanks!

You'll have to re-orient the LNBF. But, that'll mess up all the other sats.

103.W

Oh well, the channels are not worth that much trouble. It being motorized, I would not want to disturb the alignment. And, then, have to repeatedly realign it.
Thanks!

103W Ku has a messed-up polarization. It's 26 degrees away from what it should be. (I don't remember which direction.)
its clockwise if in front of the dish facing it...so instead of the LNB skew being "normal" it looks like you're skewed for 74W.
Also note that the C-Band side is normal skew and does not have this abnormally

103.W

Well, I've certainly learned something. Azbox is certainly a learning curve! I love it! I'm a Paralegal, and I have to read all of the time. The Azbox makes one read. lol I always say 'read till they bleed'.
Thanks!

its not the azbox in this case...its the satellite when AMC1 was installed they screwed up and the skew is off. Only sat in the North American orbit that is this screwed up

Dang if they ever replace AMC1 wonder if they'll purposely screw up the skew again?

103.W

I was beginning to wonder if GBN on 74.0W was possibly screwed up likewise. It has always took several minutes to come on, and even several more minutes before the sound comes on, and then, it is always garbled/stuttering for another minute or so before it starts to play.

I think that's just something weird with the signal and/or your receiver, possibly related to the low symbol rate. (I assume you meant to type 72 instead of 74, otherwise, there's your alignment problem :) )

I was beginning to wonder if GBN on 74.0W was possibly screwed up likewise. It has always took several minutes to come on, and even several more minutes before the sound comes on, and then, it is always garbled/stuttering for another minute or so before it starts to play.

GBN always would lock right away but the sound was bad. if you leave it on that channel and reboot the box the sound comes in aok after the reboot.

GBN is weird in general. I know on the Geosat either the audio works or the video but not both at the same time. ON the Coolsat the audio is off by 1/2 a second or so

GBN

GBN is weird! On my Coolsat 6000 it would always be delayed! I may try fine tuning with the edit ability on APID, and VPID? ? ?

Has anybody been able to receive NBC East, NBC West, Pentagon Channel, NBC Central, and Universal Sports on 103.0W? I am able to receive Microsoft 1. Does the NBC channels play continous? Or, are they feeds? Thanks for all responses.

Since realignment got 5 channels on 103.0W on KU Band with the 12 Ft Mesh Dish:
MS 10 & MS 20 Live Camera - North and South Pier View of Huntington Beach on Tp 11940 S = 67 Q = 63,
Pentagon Channel & Pentagon Dolby AC3 on Tp 12100 S = 65 Q = 62,
Microspace Raleigh North Carolina on Tp 12179 S = 64 Q = 58

Tried rescanning for NBC News Channel feeds on H - 12075 & H - 12115 but nothing there so far.

103.W

Initially my set up was Coolsat 6000, with a 36" reflector, and Invacom LNB, motorized. With true FTA, I thought I had plenty of television. Then, after 123.W [Galaxy 10R] stopped broadcasting all the content that it provided, the most available FTA left [ku band] only Azbox HD Premium Plus, motorized. Therefore, I decided to include the 39" reflector. I am still very satisfied. After having said that, I must now say!
This thread has made mention of the BUD! Big Ugly Dish! And, I must admit! I am really envious of those with the BUD! Whenever I ordered my Azbox, I also ordered one for my friend. I ordered him the 1.2 reflector. I should be able to include C band with his dish size? ? ?

Initially my set up was Coolsat 6000, with a 36" reflector, and Invacom LNB, motorized. With true FTA, I thought I had plenty of television. Then, after 123.W [Galaxy 10R] stopped broadcasting all the content that it provided, the most available FTA left [ku band] only Azbox HD Premium Plus, motorized. Therefore, I decided to include the 39" reflector. I am still very satisfied. After having said that, I must now say!
This thread has made mention of the BUD! Big Ugly Dish! And, I must admit! I am really envious of those with the BUD! Whenever I ordered my Azbox, I also ordered one for my friend. I ordered him the 1.2 reflector. I should be able to include C band with his dish size? ? ?

Donaldelee,

The 1.2 M dish is still not quite large enough. You can make it work with a few of the stronger C band satellites, but it won't pick up all the channels for one thing and it doesn't do well if it is motorized. It's a learning experience to experiment with a "MINI-BUD", but you won't want to rely upon it for consistent TV viewing.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)