AZBOX AzBox miniMe American edition version 1.15 firmware

Been in Radio Mode for about 2 hours and audio starts to get jumpy as if it's bad signal, which it is not. The channel change cures it

We are aware of this issue which impacts all firmware versions including 1.0. I believe it is caused by the multimedia drivers which we are still waiting for a new version from Sigma.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

We are aware of this issue which impacts all firmware versions including 1.0. I believe it is caused by the multimedia drivers which we are still waiting for a new version from Sigma.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Thanks Pwrsurge. I must say I like your response to all of the problems....A breath of fresh air compared to other forums, which tend to ignore

Last edited:
I like this box, and I believe with a lot of input, we can help to rid the bugs. So, here are a few:

Tried a couple of ecoda 22khz switches. Could not get quality using 12700 on LNB switch offset.

If you are connected on the 22KHz side of your switch, you need to use 11700 for LNB switch offset
If you are connected on the 0KHz side of your switch then 12700 LNB switch offset should work
In both cases, make sure the low and high LNB offsets are both set at 10750 assuming you are using a standard LNBF.

Internet radio; station played, stop and pause didn't work version 1.10. Had to unplug box

Internet radio; picked a PEI station, did not play, box hung, had to unplug box. version 1.0

Internet radio actually works good but you need to keep in mind that it typically takes about 30 seconds once you select the station before it starts playing and some stations take longer to start playing than others. If you try to stop the stream before it starts playing then this will hang the multimedia drivers and you will most likely need to reboot the box so please be patient. This delay may also vary based on your Internet connection speed.

All stations on the list are validated the first time the online radio player is launched since the box was booted so there should be no dead links. Just to make sure, I tested CHTN 100.3 FM, CKQK 105.5 FM and CBC Radio 1 from Charlottetown and all played fine after waiting at least 30 seconds. Actually, all the CBC stations typically only take 15 seconds to start playing so the delay can vary based on the station you are trying to listen to.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten time shift to work? Can't seem to figure it out. Yes it is activated. Using usb drive.

We are aware that timeshift is not currently working yet with any firmware version so far. It is a priority issue for us however and will be resolved soon in a future firmware update. Regular recording and playback however works fine.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

@ pwrsurge

I know you warn of using the recovery switch on the back, but would using this turn the receiver into a brick? or would you still be able then to use the Webinterface to install other firmware? Understood that if you wanted the American version back you would need to send it back to yourselves for reflash. I'm just curious.

@ pwrsurge

I know you warn of using the recovery switch on the back, but would using this turn the receiver into a brick? or would you still be able then to use the Webinterface to install other firmware? Understood that if you wanted the American version back you would need to send it back to yourselves for reflash. I'm just curious.

The recovery switch was disabled with the AzBox miniMe American Edition as it is not compatible with our firmware and has a design defect on the miniMe. Yes, if you try using the recovery switch, you will brick your device and void your warranty. Also, third party firmware is not supported on the AzBox miniMe American Edition at this time.

Although the Webinterface works fine on the AzBox Me, we were NEVER able to flash any firmware with it on the miniMe during our initial testing. For a long time, we tried to update the recovery partition associated with the recovery switch in order to fix the Webinterface but nobody at Opensat was able to tell us how to do so. The Webinterface was never properly tested on the miniME and is broken on the factory flash, even on non-American edition devices.

Because there was no way for us to update the factory flash in order to fix this issue, we had to create our own firmware updating and recovery systems from scratch. We could simply not risk releasing a product as complex as an FTA satellite receiver without a reliable means of updating its firmware. By developing our custom firmware updating system, we were also able to add support to preserve user settings during upgrades, something that was not possible with the factory updating system.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
FYI, we are currently beta testing improved drivers released in early 2013. Once we had a chance to test that these new drivers are stable, a new firmware update will be released. We are also developing an IPTV player which will first include free channels and later on, add subscription based services.

How are you guys making out so far with version 1.17?

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
The recovery switch was disabled with the AzBox miniMe American Edition as it is not compatible with our firmware and has a design defect on the miniMe. Yes, if you try using the recovery switch, you will brick your device and void your warranty. Also, third party firmware is not supported on the AzBox miniMe American Edition at this time.

Although the Webinterface works fine on the AzBox Me, we were NEVER able to flash any firmware with it on the miniMe during our initial testing. For a long time, we tried to update the recovery partition associated with the recovery switch in order to fix the Webinterface but nobody at Opensat was able to tell us how to do so. The Webinterface was never properly tested on the miniME and is broken on the factory flash, even on non-American edition devices.

Because there was no way for us to update the factory flash in order to fix this issue, we had to create our own firmware updating and recovery systems from scratch. We could simply not risk releasing a product as complex as an FTA satellite receiver without a reliable means of updating its firmware. By developing our custom firmware updating system, we were also able to add support to preserve user settings during upgrades, something that was not possible with the factory updating system.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Thanks for the answer.

FYI, we are currently beta testing improved drivers released in early 2013. Once we had a chance to test that these new drivers are stable, a new firmware update will be released. We are also developing an IPTV player which will first include free channels and later on, add subscription based services.

How are you guys making out so far with version 1.17?

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

I'm getting along with it just fine. Only a couple of things gripe me which I know you are working on. One is the blindscan speed, it seems to find the transponders fast enough, but when it comes to channel download it takes quite a while, and seems to duplicate channels which have a high symbol rate, see attached pictures of the same channel duplicated three time from the same transponder from one scan. Also a remote based delete is a must to clear out channels before you blind scan for feeds else you clog up with dead channels from previous scans.
Also in and out of the media centre is really slow but your new drivers will hopefully fix this. Apart from that it works just great for me anyway. P1010006.JPGP1010004.JPGP1010005.JPG

Any news on a new firmware release?

Working on miniMe development again so we should have a new firmware released within the next few days. Sorry about the delay as we were busy analyzing counterfeit AzBox Premium HD Plus units from people who purchased from unauthorised dealers.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Thanks.

One thing I have noticed in the last couple of days, You cannot stream channels found in a blind scan on the 'Y Web' portal, they just produce a still picture, but channels found in a normal search, i.e. scan a satellite are OK.

Tried on C Band blind scan, first thing after setting the LNB LO to 5150 on all three settings is that the start and end frequencies still display Ku settings in the blind scan menu. I thought this was suppose to default to C Band by default?

Any sign of this new firmware for the MiniMe?

Sorry for the delay. The server downtime last week backed things up a bit but we will be releasing the new update by the end of tomorrow.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Tried on C Band blind scan, first thing after setting the LNB LO to 5150 on all three settings is that the start and end frequencies still display Ku settings in the blind scan menu. I thought this was suppose to default to C Band by default?

You need to have at least one channel scanned on the satellite first and to have that satellite selected by using the yellow key and selecting that channel.

Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts