AZBOX azbox networking

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ebo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2009
central missouri
I've enabled the file server on my azbox elite hoping to access the azbox from my laptop.
I can access my laptop from the azbox, but not the azbox from the laptop.
It shows up as AZBOX on the laptop, but I get an error when I click on it.

I've searched here, and most of the threads deal with azbox accessing a pc, not the other way around.
Any help would be appreciated.

Any ftp program should work (Filezilla, for example). I use a really old one called WS_FTP95.

To access the AZBox from your computer through your Network listings, the AZBox must be in Sleep Mode for it to show up (whereas FTP programs can access it at any time).

What type of Azbox do you have? I have the Me model and it and it's hard drive is accessable from any of my computers. If you can you may want to enable a samba option. I don't know about any of the other models of Az's. Are you running Enigma on it ?

Any ftp program should work (Filezilla, for example). I use a really old one called WS_FTP95.

To access the AZBox from your computer through your Network listings, the AZBox must be in Sleep Mode for it to show up (whereas FTP programs can access it at any time).
Thanks, I didn't know about the sleep mode. It works.

What type of Azbox do you have? I have the Me model and it and it's hard drive is accessable from any of my computers. If you can you may want to enable a samba option. I don't know about any of the other models of Az's. Are you running Enigma on it ?
I have the Elite running the original software.

The Elite, Premium, Premium Plus, and Ultra, all require you to enter Sleep Mode for the AZBox to show up in your PC's network listings. Don't know why, but it is easily bypassed by using an FTP program like the above programs that I and Hockeynut mentioned.

Another topic in this forum brought up streaming via a network connection. I'm trying to see if I can get the CBS national feeds which I got on my AZBox Elite before they changed the format. If I use an FTP client can I stream the AZBox signal to my older laptop which is connected to my television? I'm thinking I can only do files, not live streaming. My wife only watches one program which I can get on CTV or, in the worst case, watch it the old fashioned way-OTA on my local CBS affiliate. Would like to get it 3 hours earlier if I could.

Another topic in this forum brought up streaming via a network connection. I'm trying to see if I can get the CBS national feeds which I got on my AZBox Elite before they changed the format. If I use an FTP client can I stream the AZBox signal to my older laptop which is connected to my television? I'm thinking I can only do files, not live streaming. My wife only watches one program which I can get on CTV or, in the worst case, watch it the old fashioned way-OTA on my local CBS affiliate. Would like to get it 3 hours earlier if I could.

An FTP client will not work for live streaming. You need to use the streaming function already in the AZBox, setup and use here:
STREAMING from AZBox > PC

VLC works, but I found that Potplayer worked the best for me (you can also use Kodi).

I don't know how well the CBS feed will play, as I don't have C-band, so can't test.

Reactions: KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)