AzBox Ultra is now Discontinued

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stargaze

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Out there somewhere
The Azbox Ultra has been officially discontinued by OpenSat.
This was first announced back in April and OpenSat has sold out of their stock of AzBox Ultra's to their dealers. Many of the Azbox dealers are already running low or out of the Ultra receivers completely as of this date.

The New AzBox ME series is coming out in August (if everything remains on schedule). There will be 2 new receivers in this series.
The AzBox ME and a lessor version called the AzBox Mini-Me.

This will leave only the Azbox Premium Plus and the New Azbox ME receivers as the current AzBox's on the market.

The Azbox ME will be able to blind scan, and it will be able to pull in 4:2:2 signals.

The Azbox ME receiver will have (according to the specs.),
double the Working memory then the Premium Plus & Ultra receivers;
double the Video memory then the Premium Plus & Ultra receivers;
double the Flash memory then the Premium Plus & Ultra receivers;
and a New Processor (CPU) then what is currently in the Premium Plus and Ultra receivers.

Unlike the Ultra, the Azbox ME will have a front panel display.

These are just some of the things that are going to be different and not a complete listing.

A list of the current AzBox models available can be viewed at Set Top Boxes, Media Center: High Definition | AZBOX

As you can see, the AzBox Elite, Ultra and Premium are still listed along with the new ME and mini ME models. All of these receivers are current models and at the present time, the AzBox Ultra is NOT discontinued.

Production quantity of each model is based on demand. As the AzBox ME is similar in size and appearance to the Ultra, many people are assuming that the ME is replacing the Ultra which is incorrect. Once the AzBox ME becomes available, most dealers will probably stock up more on this new model as many people tend to prefer the latest models. However, the Ultra and any other model will remain available as long as their is enough demand for them.

Regards,

pwrsurge
AzBox Canada

Sorry, you can no longer purchase the Ultra from Opensat.
They are all sold out, and are not going to make them at this time.
The web page you are giving out is only the listing of products they have made. It is not a list of what is currently available.
However, if you don't believe me, give Opensat a call to see if you can order some Ultra's. They sold the last of what they had left to a dealer in N/A.

Here is the e-mail direct from Opensat:

"Regarding Ultra, the production is over, for some months. Some resellers still have a few, but they will no longer be available.
Soon, you will find Me and then miniMe on market.

Cumprimentos/Saludos/Best regards,

Customer Care | (email address deleted)

OpenSAT · AZBox

OpenSAT, Lda
."

Actually news of the Ultra being discontinued or scheduled to be discontinued has been out for a while, it just hasn't been an issue as Opensat still had some in stock. The Ultra has always been a poor man's Premium+ so being discontinued is a total non-issue unless you want to purchase one. As most people know, the Ultra uses the same firmware as the Premium+ and has all the same functionality/features other than a VFD and Wifi plus option for a second tuner so support for the Ultra, just as has been for the Elite and Premium, isn't going away anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)