AZBox Ultra not shutting down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GreatFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Mississippi Delta
I got my AZBox Ultra back up and running.
I put the 5402 firmware into it with no problems.
I only scanned one satellite.
The receiver will no shut down completely at all. I press the on/off button on my remote. I scroll down to Shutdown and click it. The receiver would go to the process of shutting down. Then at the end the screen would say "Now you can shut off" or something like that.
I press the on/off button again, same thing again. I press the power button on the receiver and again, same thing.
I turn it off from the back.
Have anyone of you Ultra owners have this problem?

I have the AZBox Premium Plus and it does the same thing as your Ultra. The only time I turn this unit on is when I want to watch 4.2.2 stuff and then pull the plug to power down.

When you press the on/off button you are given four choices: Sleep, Shutdown, Reboot, and Cancel. Shutdown is to completely turn the unit off by use of the switch at the back after getting the message "Now, Shutdown the system". Sleep mode puts the unit into the standby mode (which is what appears to be what you want).

As Keith says above, the remote only re-boots or puts the receiver into sleep mode. If you want to shut it down completely you use the shutdown option from the remote and physically switch off the power switch on the back or unplug the unit when prompted to do so. The main power switch is not controlled by the software in the unit. That's the way they work. The only time I shut mine down completely is when I have to work on the system (cabling, switches, etc), or when I am going to be away for a while.

I agree with Keith and Cham. The remote gives you the selection of shut-down options. When you pick shutdown, then when you get the message, you can safely turn the power off with the power switch. It's just like a Windows PC, do the shutdown of the software, before the power is removed to safely save the settings.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)