B-Band Converter with HR21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

teevee

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
Do I need B-Band Converters with the HR21 receivers? I'm reading conflicting reports.

You need the BBC's unless you have either a SWM8 switch or a SWMSlimline dish. The SWM8 is normally used only in multifamily homes and the SWMSlimline dish is only in limited areas at this time so the chance are that you need the BBC's.

Maybe some of the posts have read are old. The directv site lists the B-Band converters needed for HR20 receivers. Solid Signal where I am looking at getting my equipment from also lists B-Band converters for HR20. Nothing mentioned for HR21. I can't even find a mention of the swmslimline dish on the directv site. I purchased 2 HR21 receivers, a slimline dish and the Zinwell WB68 mulitiswitch. I just need to figure out if I will need the B-Band Converters as well now so I can order it all at once.

HR21s should include the BBCs in the box. The ones provided bu installers do not, but they are supposed to carry some on the truck. If you need any, they are free when ordered from Directv.

HR21s should include the BBCs in the box. The ones provided bu installers do not, but they are supposed to carry some on the truck. If you need any, they are free when ordered from Directv.

Chances are unless he gets a refurb (even then its a low chance) there will only be a power cord and remote in the box now.

HR21 units arrived....B-Band Converters were in fact included in the box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.