b-band converters (I'm an idiot)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Im painting my master bedroom and office. I box up everything (TVs and receivers) in some boxes I had, and paint away. Yesterday, I'm moving stuff back into the room. I set them where they are going to go, and start moving the rest of the stuff. In the meantime, my wife, thinking she's being helpful, throws everything out, and gives it to her dad to take to a dumpster (he runs a construction site, it's "his" dumpster). The B-Band converters are in the box.

Where can I get new ones? I need 3. 2 for the HR22 and 1 for the H21.

Find a major strip mall serving lunch & look for the DTV trucks; simply ask a tech if they would give you some spare BBC's that went bye bye.

Strip mall?? meh.. who has time to eat outside of their truck lol.. find a McDonalds :)

I just found a ton on ebay for about 3-6 bucks each... I didn't look to hard either.

Also, I am sure if you crack open the phone book you can probably find 3-4 dealers within a few minutes of you that will be more than happy to relieve themselves of a couple.

Are we sure this is real? It's not on the DirecTV domain.

I know that link no longer works. A few months ago I had a BBC go out and had to order a new one. I tried using that link a multiple times and they NEVER came or even sent an email.

I had to end up calling directv and they sent them out. They also said that they saw no other previous orders and that site is probably not in service any longer.

I could probably send you at least 2 of these things. I used to have a lot of them but since my new dish has the new LNB I don't need them anymore.

I just got D*. The installer left the B-converters in the box. Are they needed? I have two HD receivers, One DVR and a regular HD box.

I just got D*. The installer left the B-converters in the box. Are they needed? I have two HD receivers, One DVR and a regular HD box.

It depends on the dish and/or splitter equipment that was installed. The new system called SWM doesn't need them, but the old system did. If your HD channels are working without the B-band converters, then you probably have a SWM system. (And to add to the confusion, the new HR23 HD DVR has the converters integrated, but then they shouldn't put external converters in the box...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)