Babbling DJs and Repeat Music

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
I just switched to Dish and get some Sirius music channels. What is with the babbling DJs talking about absolutely nothing? I thought we were paying for music.

The other question is, why do they keep playing the same songs day after day?

I can't believe anyone would pay for this in their car.

Yeah, I don't think the DJs add much either. I let my 1yr SiriusXM trial subscription on my new Chrysler expire a couple of months ago, mostly because of the crappy sound quality. I never listened to it long enough to hear any repeats.

I'm thinking seriously of dropping it. Not worth $10/month or even $30 for six months.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

I have noticed that most DJ's babble but some of them talk about the Musician or group they are getting ready to play!! :)

Some of the channels are better than others. I like Lithium 6034 - they don't seem too talky there. I do get tired of certain bands though.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Ultimately people like the babble.

Just looking at SatelliteGuys Radio, our best hours are when we have DJ's on the air. And our worst hours (lowest number of listeners) are when we are in automated mode.

Many people like hearing voices just to break things up. The voice on the radio is meant to be a friend and get you through your day.

If I want to listen to music I will listen to my iPad. But most of the time you will catch me listening to the radio. Sure whats being said is a lot of filler but it makes you feel more part of the station. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)