BabyTV on Motorola DSR-4402x

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rodin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Any idea why BabyTV on Satellite Galaxy 23 is the only channel on my 4402x that the picture is constantly 'bouncing'? I have a traxis receiver that I borrowed to check it out and that picture doesn't bounce. I have verified all the settings and everything looks normal, I can even go to channel 003 and see the Soundtrack Channel USA without any bouncing. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I know that most commercial Motorola IRDs just don't play well with some DVB signals, no matter what you do. The DSR-4410s that I have do not always play well with some DVB signals. Missing audio, etc. If you call Moto Tech support they'll tell you that you are SOL, as their platform is DCII, and if there are issues with DVB, then you'll just have to live with it or hope a firmware update can fix it, if you can get a firmware update from a provider's stream.

For a good DVB rackmount receiver, so with the Scientific Atlanta D9850. They can be pricy on ebay, but I love mine. It's rock solid stable. It has auto aspect ratio adjusting on the composite video output, so if your output is 4x3, it'll automatically scale a 16x9 signal to 4x3 with a letterbox. For FTA DVB, it kicks ass. I use mine for DW-TV, which broadcasts in 16x9 format most of the time and will automatically convert. Motorola IRDs have this feature with DCII signals, but sometimes (well, most of the time) this feature doesn't work with DVB signals.

I use these commercial receivers because my goal is a home IPTV system with the satellite transport streams delivered to my PCs and STBs, DVB-ASI output is required for this.

Jonathan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts