Back To D*....Install Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bucknut

Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Hi all. This is a bit long winded so forgive me. Long time reader, first time poster. After frequenting this forum for some time I am rejoining the D* family. I was with them for 5 years before switching to TW Cable. I’m really tired of the “boxy” pixels on the TW Cable DVR, so I’m switching, plus D* is a bit cheaper. Plus TW Cable SD channels look terrible. D* gave me a really good offer to join back up (TIVOs, free re-install, etc.), but I have a question.

Currently I have 2 RG-6 cable runs going through my house, one to each needed TV. With TW Cable I also have VoIP telephone and RoudRunner shared on the same cables. I really do not want to run another line of RG-6 for D* so I was wondering if I could diplex the signals for TW Cable and D* and then user a splitter to split them again once they reach the destination, ie the TV and the cable modem? I know that before D* offered locals this was the process, having two feeds into one and then sending it the the destination, so I can only assume that this will work just fine. Do you think it will effect PQ or even possibly bandwidth?

I suppose the thing to do is just to run another cable, but it awfully dam* cold in my attic and I’d really rather not. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)