Bad Install Solutions Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sancho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
I have a buddy that has D* who moved this weekend and wanted to take his D* service with him. The house he moved to has 1 RG6 cable run to each room in the house as it was wired for cable. The installer who handled my buddy's move said the single cables wouldn't work for his dual-tuner DVR (HR-22 I think) and that he needed to do a dual cable run to each D* receiver location, and that in-wall installs were not included with the basic move package. The installer then ran 2 cables to each receiver exposed and down the wall and basically has exposed wires running all over the living room.

2 questions-

1)could a SWM have been used with the existing RG6 so that all of the in-wall wiring could have been used?

2) If the SWM is/was an option, even though the install works from a technical standpoint, it looks like crap. Is it feasible to have a SWM install take place now?

My buddy really would like to keep D*, but doesn't want wires running all over the living room. He's considering going to another type of provider to avoid this. I feel partly responsible because I originally convinced him to sign up with D* (referral bonus!!!).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I have a buddy that has D* who moved this weekend and wanted to take his D* service with him. The house he moved to has 1 RG6 cable run to each room in the house as it was wired for cable. The installer who handled my buddy's move said the single cables wouldn't work for his dual-tuner DVR (HR-22 I think) and that he needed to do a dual cable run to each D* receiver location, and that in-wall installs were not included with the basic move package. The installer then ran 2 cables to each receiver exposed and down the wall and basically has exposed wires running all over the living room.

2 questions-

1)could a SWM have been used with the existing RG6 so that all of the in-wall wiring could have been used?

2) If the SWM is/was an option, even though the install works from a technical standpoint, it looks like crap. Is it feasible to have a SWM install take place now?

My buddy really would like to keep D*, but doesn't want wires running all over the living room. He's considering going to another type of provider to avoid this. I feel partly responsible because I originally convinced him to sign up with D* (referral bonus!!!).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

swm would work with d 12 & above on sd & h20 & above hd& hr 20 & above dvr

in wall fish would require a charge

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts