Dishpointer Phone App Helped a Lot

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Used the Dishpointer Phone App to help me place my new Slimline Dish at our vacation home in Mammoth Lakes.

It still took me about 3 hours to align the Dish, but the app probably saved me many more hours of trail and error location of the dish.

Alignment was a pain. I had to determine the proper angle of elevation using my GPS position and slowly turn the Dish to the correct Azimuth until 101 came in. Each mm of movement made a huge difference in signal strength. After getting 101 in, I then adjusted the tilt until 99 and 103 came in. Then it was a matter of fine tuning all 3 adjustments until all birds came in over 80

DodgerKing, I know this is a silly question and has been asked on here numerous times, so forgive me for not paying attention. But If I want "locals" from another part of the country (say my home town) how do I go about doing that? I have seen people post on "moving", but does mean they just change their zip code on their box or what?

Again, sorry to be asking.

ranmic said:
DodgerKing, I know this is a silly question and has been asked on here numerous times, so forgive me for not paying attention. But If I want "locals" from another part of the country (say my home town) how do I go about doing that? I have seen people post on "moving", but does mean they just change their zip code on their box or what?

Again, sorry to be asking.

As long as you are within the spot beam, you should be able to get them

Used the Dishpointer Phone App to help me place my new Slimline Dish at our vacation home in Mammoth Lakes.

It still took me about 3 hours to align the Dish, but the app probably saved me many more hours of trail and error location of the dish.

Dodger,
Which App did you use ?

I have been looking at a Moment or a Interception and was going to put a good Dish Pointer on it. I searched the Apps Market but there was a bunch of them available.

Jimbo said:
Dodger,
Which App did you use ?

I have been looking at a Moment or a Interception and was going to put a good Dish Pointer on it. I searched the Apps Market but there was a bunch of them available.

Dishpointer AR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts