Bad quality picture.

lukedukeharder

Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
Western Nebraska
I have Dish DVR-522(Dual Receiver). May "Satellite 2" signal, which runs through the existing coax lines in my house and is how I receive my signal on tv's not directly hooked to receiver, is fuzzy. I'm sure it is because I have older coax and I'm pretty sure there are splitters all along my existing lines. Is there anyway to fix this since re-running new coax and even taking out the splitters is almost impossible. Please Help.

Try setting the modulator channel to the lowest number. ( air 21, cbl 73). Just be sure no locals are within one channel on either side of chosen number. If that doesn't work, then your only choice is to replace the line.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The poor picture quality is almost certainly due to the combination of poor cable & splitters as you've indicated. If Jimmerinwi's suggestion doesn't work, and replacing cable is not an option (I would replace all that could be), I have another suggestion. How many other tv's are there?

I have 2 tv's that run through the coax and they are of course farthest down the line. I use to have a tv that was closer to were the cable ran into the house and the picture was fine. In some rooms I can't even get a picture. I wish I could slap the previous home owner for running so many splitters. There is only one place where the orginal cable came in from the box and then he split it several times. One line that serviced 6 locations and the most of the splitters have been covered by ceilings.

If re running the cable is a big pain try taking out the splitters and just put barrels in there place w/ new connections every splitter thats in the line will kill that sig more than you would think just 1 in a system especially if its a long cable run would make the picture look like poop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)