Bad sports-related predictions/guarantees you remember

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Can you ever recall making a bad sports-related prediction/guarantee, remember a bad prediction or seeing one on TV?

Here are two I remember:

1. Prior to last year's Fiesta Bowl, on DBSForums, Sam and David kept saying how Oklahoma would obliterate West Virginia because the Big East was so awful. Instead, the 'leastleftovers' representative pummeled the overrated Sooners, and Sam learned a valuable lesson- wheb it comes to talking trash, BE CAREFUL.

2. Also on DBSForums, anders and I made an avatar bet in a Washington State/North Carolina Sweet 16 game. Guess who lost that one?

Nobody will probably remember this but I seem to remember Benny Agbayani of the Mets saying that they were going to beat the Yankees in 5 games. Obviously, that didn't happen.

Sabres you're officially on the hook for TT this year. That has bad pick written all over it if you ask me. We'll see.

1976 - The President was on his way to being replaced by a guy nobody had ever heard of six months before. Detroit was in a slump, but was telling people that these new models were really up to "foreign" quality, really. The Ruskies were on the march. Gasoline was up and the stock market down. TIME wrote an article about how polution was causing global cooling. England Labour governement was trying to avoid an election it knew it would lose. The Olympics were being dominated by the USA. The newest video game, the Atari VCS, flew off the shelves.

And The University of Pittsburgh won the national championship. The most recent Leastleftover to do so.

Every true major league won one in the 1990s.

Well, I picked Michigan to play for the national championship last year. Didn't look like such an awful pick at the end of the season, but after the first two games it sure did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)