Baffled by HR10-250 HDMI Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

acruther

Original poster
Feb 26, 2005
Ok, so I got my shiny (or more matte-y really) new HR10-250 installed today only to find the HDMI output doesn't seem to work with my Samsung HLN507W DLP. The HLN507W has a single non-HDCP DVI input.

It's weird, the signal is fine for 7-10 seconds - perfect in fact - and then it goes black for 1-2 seconds and then returns to normal again. This cycle goes on and on. The component out works perfectly (whoopie).

So I try using two different HDMI to DVI cables - same thing. I run the HDMI to HDMI cable into a HDMI switcher and then HDMI to DVI to the TV - same thing. I also got the installer to try a different STB - same thing (box is fine). Also tried changing aspect ratio and resolutions without any success.

So my best guess is that this is a DRM issue. However, from what I've heard, only a few channels even broadcast using HDCP flags, so it shouldn't be a constant issue - no??? DirectTv TEch support was stumped at what was causing the issue, but seemed to like the idea that it was DRM (since it got me off the phone).

Has anyone else had this issue? Can anything be done besides using #@#!@#!@ component cables or buying a new TV?

Last edited:
I know there were issues with the HDMI ports on earlier models. Perhaps try a different box before trying to get a new TV.

brian

discipletx said:
I know there were issues with the HDMI ports on earlier models. Perhaps try a different box before trying to get a new TV.

brian

Thanks for the reply.

We tried a different box which the installer had in his truck. Same result. I have been reading about problems with the HDMI card "seating," but I'm unsure it would cause this problem - seems like it should be all or nothing. Especially weird for two boxes to have the same exact problem too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.