Baffled by Switches on a VIP 612

RogerMacB

Original poster
May 21, 2011
Mexico City
Hello! I am in a situation where I need to set up separate dishes to point at each satellite. After a lot of scrounging, I have wound up with three used dishes. one 1.8 and two 1.4 dishes. I hope to wind up with 3 functioning dishes, but I might be limited to two. So far I have one up and running with a Circular Zinwell DUAL LNB. It's connected to my VIP 612 and I am getting programming.

As noted, I have a VIP 612. I have not been able to find any clear information on which switch I might need. I understand I'd need a SW31 (or SW41 with one unused connection) to get all three dishes feeding into the VIP 612, but is there any spec or brand name or designation I need to know about? Will a
DiSEqC 2.0 SW41 do the trick? Do I need to make the jump from the little $5 switches to one of the bigger and more expensive ones? Do I need something with the Dish TV logo? Is there a preferred vendor anyone could suggest?

While I am at it, any advice on LNBs? Any particular unit best for reception from fringe areas?

All the best, and thanks in advance --

Roger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)