Balcony Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

havanahjoe

Original poster
Oct 4, 2009
San Diego
Hello,

There is an old thread describing the "perfect" balcony install. It uses a non pen mount and then mounts the original Directv AU9 base to the pole:

I can't post links to images yet, but the thread is located at:

directv-forum / 107400-perfect-slimline-apartment-balcony-install . html

I would like to do the same thing on my balcony, but I was unable to find today the hardware required to attach the antenna mount to the pole. I found some U bolts in Home Depot but they wouldn't have worked properly.

In the picture they are using another type of mounting hardware. I want to get these for my install, but I don't know what they are called or where to buy them. The people at Home Depot had no idea and showed me a bunch of stuff that was not what I needed.

I tried to reply to the original thread but it's too old now. :)

Thanks for the help

Hello,

There is an old thread describing the "perfect" balcony install. It uses a non pen mount and then mounts the original Directv AU9 base to the pole:

I can't post links to images yet, but the thread is located at:

directv-forum / 107400-perfect-slimline-apartment-balcony-install . html

I would like to do the same thing on my balcony, but I was unable to find today the hardware required to attach the antenna mount to the pole. I found some U bolts in Home Depot but they wouldn't have worked properly.

In the picture they are using another type of mounting hardware. I want to get these for my install, but I don't know what they are called or where to buy them. The people at Home Depot had no idea and showed me a bunch of stuff that was not what I needed.

I tried to reply to the original thread but it's too old now. :)

Thanks for the help

The antenna mount doesn't need ubolts. It slips over the pole and is held in place with a set screw.

Maybe this will work? :)

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 156
Maybe this will work? :)

holy crap how do you TUNE it in from that far away??? thats alot of holes to put in to support that too! judgin from all the other dishes installed there, they didnt NEED that long ass over doing ridiculous mount.

that first one is a non-pen mount and what they did was mounted the Mast to the pole using a U-bolt.

for the Off air antenna, they used a half of a cinder block and used wood and wedged it in to keep it from moving.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.