Bandstacked C Band LNBF ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Guys... whats is the use of this kind of C band LNBF ? can you pls explain ?

B1SATSTACK-C-Band-LNBF-2.JPG

Guys... whats is the use of this kind of C band LNBF ? can you pls explain ?
- inexpensive
- decent performance
- bandstacked, so no switching between V & H (both are on the coax all the time)
- just a splitter required to feed it to an additional receiver
- they've been well spoken of on the forum, so you should be able to search for more info.

kind of sort works like the new single wire directv lnbs so all you need is power passing splitter and can run multiple receivers at the same time over coax. pretty nice concept.

yep I have one and it works really good. The only drawback is your receiver needs to support 2 LNB LO's (5150/5750). Some receivers will only allow one frequency for C-Band. On Coolsats its considered OCS.

If you only have capability of one LNB LO frequency then one polarity will be off by 600mhz.

So iceberg, if your receiver only accepts one LO, it will still scan in all the tp's just the frequency reading will be wrong? But it still works

yep.

If you use 5150 then all H transponders will be 600mhz lower and vertical will be right
If you use 5750 then all V transponders will be 600mhz higher and horizontal will be right

I learned that back when I had the Quali-TV. All horizontal polarity was 600 mhz lower. So World Harvest (4000 H 26400) was at 3400 H 26400
The Coolsat 8000 I had 2 sats set up.. One with LNB LO 5150 and one with 5750

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)