Bankers Predicting Sale of DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Heard to get Discounts now on Directv

RUMOR IS they are getting ready to sell Directv and dont want any more heavy discounted accounts on the books as the other buyers will be looking at that data.

Best you can get now is $30 off a month for 12 months, but only after you say cancel service right now please Im switching to something cheaper like Sling, Hulu, or Youtube and there is no way I will switch your the ATT new streaming service.
I tried with several in retentions.

In other words they try to price match Dish and their promo. Wonder if that is who they will merge with (see other thread here so post that topic there please).

RUMOR IS they are getting ready to sell Directv and dont want any more heavy discounted accounts on the books as the other buyers will be looking at that data.

Best you can get now is $30 off a month for 12 months, but only after you say cancel service right now please Im switching to something cheaper like Sling, Hulu, or Youtube and there is no way I will switch your the ATT new streaming service.

In other words they try to price match Dish and their promo. Wonder if that is who they will merge with (see other thread here so post that topic there please).
And as pointed out on another forum you posted this crap they are not selling anything

A training company I dealt with offered greatly reduced subscriptions to of the numbers for them to sell the company.

An AT&T Fiber Engineer told me DirecTV is being sold to DishNetwork. I personally can not foresee the FTC approving this as it will create a monopoly for those who live outside the reach of cable and broadband.

I don't think the FCC will care. It's not even a monopoly in the delivery method since there's Orby satellite service available, for instance. With streaming, cable, and OTA available thru much of the country I don't think the FCC will care even if it's the only game in town in rural areas. Look at it this way, AT&T is killing the business anyway so if Dish can step in and save that rural customer base I think the FCC may actually look on it as a positive thing.

An AT&T Fiber Engineer told me DirecTV is being sold to DishNetwork. I personally can not foresee the FTC approving this as it will create a monopoly for those who live outside the reach of cable and broadband.
That reminds me of all the rumors we hear from the bus drivers at Disney World about the new monorails being installed, they have as much inside knowledge then your AT&T fiber engineer.

Gonna be spunoff..in some kind of leveraged buyout...and then that new company will buy dish

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah that was the rumor 15 years ago that Dish was buying Directv.

Hurry up, better switch over to Dish Network now or your service with Directv is going to dark soon.

The problem is customers actually believed that crap at the time, and as an ignorant a$$ kissing Dish Network dealer at the time I went around for a year making people believe that was really a possibility.

Let’s just face the facts here...

1) Orby is NOT competition to anything. Think about what happened with VOOM. The only difference here is that VOOM actually had a nitch product at the time offering more HD at a time when it was hard to get any real HD content.

I installed for Orby, spoke to a few hundred customers. It’s all penny pinchers. There is no value in the service like with Voom. They offer a limited number of channels at an affordable price.

Unless Orby goes to a free equipment and install model, they won’t be around very long. The catch being you can’t offer everything for free and have a low price. It’s either high start up costs and low price, or free startup costs with a higher monthly price. Dish and Directv have already proven high startup and low monthly price does not attract enough customers to stay in business.

2) Dish is about to buy Boost Mobile next week for over a billion dollars, and build this supposed 5g network and do all these other great things.

They can’t buy both Directv and Boost.

They can’t launch their 5G pipe dream without first buying Boost.

So either buy a failing satellite Tv business from AT&T or gamble on 5G. Both investments are bad, but there is a bigger potential with 5G.

3) There is no real incentive for Dish to buy Directv. Besides 11 transponders at 119 and 3 transponders at 110 that can immediately be put to use, there is no bandwidth gains for Dish.

99/101/103 are going to be mirrored for YEARS in the event of a merger. Then the question is what system do they use? Do they stick with 119/110/129 using antiquated kangaroo technology or do they use 99/101/103 which is currently deployed in more households.

4) The only gain for Dish would be more customers. But if Dish really wanted Directv customers, it would be far cheaper to just offer a bounty like they did in the Primestar days.

They got millions of pieces of hardware sitting in warehouses from customers who have disconnected over the years and technicians who are doing everything else but installing satellites.

Why not offer a bounty and put everyone to work?

5) Do we really want Charlie to have a monopoly on satellite Tv. It’s bad enough he made the decision to take sports off Dish. Do we really need him making those same decisions for Directv customers?

6) In a Dish Network buying Directv scenario, prices will actually go up, NOT DOWN. Directv and AT&T is the only thing keeping Charlie honest in his prices

It’s will not gonna happen sale for directv because att just brought it I talked to consumer service they say directv is stay with att directv not going anywhere

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yeah that was the rumor 15 years ago that Dish was buying Directv.

Hurry up, better switch over to Dish Network now or your service with Directv is going to dark soon.

The problem is customers actually believed that crap at the time, and as an ignorant a$$ kissing Dish Network dealer at the time I went around for a year making people believe that was really a possibility.

Let’s just face the facts here...

1) Orby is NOT competition to anything. Think about what happened with VOOM. The only difference here is that VOOM actually had a nitch product at the time offering more HD at a time when it was hard to get any real HD content.

I installed for Orby, spoke to a few hundred customers. It’s all penny pinchers. There is no value in the service like with Voom. They offer a limited number of channels at an affordable price.

Unless Orby goes to a free equipment and install model, they won’t be around very long. The catch being you can’t offer everything for free and have a low price. It’s either high start up costs and low price, or free startup costs with a higher monthly price. Dish and Directv have already proven high startup and low monthly price does not attract enough customers to stay in business.

2) Dish is about to buy Boost Mobile next week for over a billion dollars, and build this supposed 5g network and do all these other great things.

They can’t buy both Directv and Boost.

They can’t launch their 5G pipe dream without first buying Boost.

So either buy a failing satellite Tv business from AT&T or gamble on 5G. Both investments are bad, but there is a bigger potential with 5G.

3) There is no real incentive for Dish to buy Directv. Besides 11 transponders at 119 and 3 transponders at 110 that can immediately be put to use, there is no bandwidth gains for Dish.

99/101/103 are going to be mirrored for YEARS in the event of a merger. Then the question is what system do they use? Do they stick with 119/110/129 using antiquated kangaroo technology or do they use 99/101/103 which is currently deployed in more households.

4) The only gain for Dish would be more customers. But if Dish really wanted Directv customers, it would be far cheaper to just offer a bounty like they did in the Primestar days.

They got millions of pieces of hardware sitting in warehouses from customers who have disconnected over the years and technicians who are doing everything else but installing satellites.

Why not offer a bounty and put everyone to work?

5) Do we really want Charlie to have a monopoly on satellite Tv. It’s bad enough he made the decision to take sports off Dish. Do we really need him making those same decisions for Directv customers?

6) In a Dish Network buying Directv scenario, prices will actually go up, NOT DOWN. Directv and AT&T is the only thing keeping Charlie honest in his prices
Nobody buying any satellite tv companies...look for a spinoff

It’s will not gonna happen sale for directv because att just brought it I talked to consumer service they say directv is stay with att directv not going anywhere

They are just as reliable and have the exact same zero insider knowledge as the "AT&T fiber engineer" quoted earlier in this thread.

If AT&T does have plans, no one here is going to know about it, or find out about it from a CSR, installer, or any AT&T employee unless he's the CEO or reports directly to the CEO.

I'm highly skeptical of any sale, but people are going to keep posting rumors because there are always Wall Streeters who will talk about stuff like that. Take them with a grain of salt, because investment bankers would probably make somewhere between $500 million and $750 million in fees if AT&T sold or spun off Directv. So they kind of have incentive to chatter about this, just like every now and then stuff like Apple buying Netflix or Disney or Tesla comes up for the same reason none of which will ever happen.

I bet you that CBS All Access and Pluto TV will buy Direct TV and make it half pay services and FTA satellite services!

For these folks that have terrible internet streaming service or living in the areas has no internet services at it all.

Like I said CBS All Access "Pay TV" and Pluto TV as a FTA satellite!:):cool:

The customer service people know less about the potential sale of DirecTV than the car wash guy in your town. They have no inside knowledge beyond their local office staff and who is doing who this week.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I had a promo for Showtime, Cinemax and Starz ($7 off each) that expired after this past bill was paid (HBO is free as I have an AT&T cell phone). Went nowhere with calling and chatting, so upon playing the "cancel" card, got offered $25/mo off for 12 months and took it.

Reactions: longhorn23

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts