Bart Starr

stmcld

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 24, 2008
Henderson KY
Want to send out prayers and a "get well soon" to Bart Starr, former QB of the Green Bay Packers, who had a mild stroke recently. Bart has always been one of my favorite and as far as I am concerned, one of the most under-rated QB's in NFL history. Hope to see you at a Packers game soon Bart.

+1

NFL Network ran back to back 1 hour specials on the 1966 and 1967 Packers a couple of days ago. I recorded both but the network was having technical difficulties with both the pic and sound during the first show. Still great to see the guys in action. Been a Packers fan since 1960. Bart Starr was a 17th round draft pick, pick #200, and won the NFL championship 5 out of 7 years (1961-62, 1965-66-67) plus the first two Superbowls.

I well remember when we had true sportsmen like Bart and Stan Musial to set an example for young people, it makes me wonder what has gone wrong with our society.

An update.

Bart and I have enjoyed all of the sweet cards and messages from packers.com. Your kindness has been so encouraging and we are grateful for your concern. Many have asked for an update and we now have enough information to share. Bart’s doctors have confirmed on Tuesday, September 2nd he suffered an ischemic stroke followed on September 7th by a hemorrhagic stroke and a mild heart attack. His progress was additionally slowed by seizures which now are under control through medication. Although there have been many bumps in the road over the past several weeks, we remain optimistic for Bart’s quality of life going forward, as he is becoming medically stable and beginning to make progress through rehabilitation. Our family appreciates your prayers and patience while Bart takes the necessary time to recover. We love you all.

I am going to assume this is from his wife. I think her name is Cherry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)