Base Plate/Mast Diameter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishMIKE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 11, 2003
Hillsdale,MI
Would the base (the part that gets screwed/bolted to the roof or wall) that is used for a Dish 500 mast be the same that would be used for a Winegard 76cm,Fortec 80/90cm or a GeoSat 90cm ? I have a flat roof with the rubber membrane with a base already bolted down and I was hoping to just use the one I already have. Thanks, Mike

My Fortec 80cm came with support arms that attaches to the mast for support. I think physically it will work, but I am not sure about stability.

Like iafirebuff said, you will want to add "outrigger" arms for stability. With a little ingenuity you should be able to figure out some way to secure them without further compromising the membrane. Perhaps by attaching them to the same bolt that hold the plate to the roof. Or maybe to a suitable dead weight of some sort resting on top of the plate.

Could you mount the arms to a piece of wood, then hold them in place with cement blocks? Or even bolt them into cement blocks? Any chance of mounting your dish on a pole in the ground, or an eave mount, wall mount?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts