Retailers serving US-based hobbyists?

nhulst

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 20, 2007
I didn't see anything in the rules to suggest this is verboten, but please educate me if I'm wrong.

I've been out of the hobby for quite a long time, and trying to get started back up again, the retail landscape doesn't seem anything at all like how I remember it. Where is everyone buying from these days? Anything I'm misunderstanding? Re-educate me!

Side note, I think I understood that USALS motors are a problem worldwide as a consequence of the recent supply chain problems; anyone care to comment on that?

Rick's Satellite - looks to still be a good selection but I haven't ordered anything lately and he doesn't do live inventory so not sure if it's all real
Sadoun - limited number of satellite products and they're all mixed in instead of being a central focus
SatelliteAV - still has dishes but no consumer receivers anymore
Mike Kohl - in the process of liquidating
Titanium - very limited number of products on offer
SkyXpress (descendent of SkyVision) - many categories and products listed but almost everything listed as out of stock

I didn't see anything in the rules to suggest this is verboten, but please educate me if I'm wrong.

I've been out of the hobby for quite a long time, and trying to get started back up again, the retail landscape doesn't seem anything at all like how I remember it. Where is everyone buying from these days? Anything I'm misunderstanding? Re-educate me!

Side note, I think I understood that USALS motors are a problem worldwide as a consequence of the recent supply chain problems; anyone care to comment on that?

Rick's Satellite - looks to still be a good selection but I haven't ordered anything lately and he doesn't do live inventory so not sure if it's all real
Sadoun - limited number of satellite products and they're all mixed in instead of being a central focus
SatelliteAV - still has dishes but no consumer receivers anymore
Mike Kohl - in the process of liquidating
Titanium - very limited number of products on offer
SkyXpress (descendent of SkyVision) - many categories and products listed but almost everything listed as out of stock
There's also Hyper's site, he is good to deal with: https://hypermegasat.com/

For what it's worth, I've ordered from Rick's several times, and I've NEVER had any issues with them. Sure, he protects his pocketbook, but it's his site, his rules, and I respect that.

I hadn't heard of HyperMegaSat, thanks for the tip!

I agree, I have also ordered from Rick several times and been 100% satisfied.