Retailers serving US-based hobbyists?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nhulst

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 20, 2007
I didn't see anything in the rules to suggest this is verboten, but please educate me if I'm wrong.

I've been out of the hobby for quite a long time, and trying to get started back up again, the retail landscape doesn't seem anything at all like how I remember it. Where is everyone buying from these days? Anything I'm misunderstanding? Re-educate me!

Side note, I think I understood that USALS motors are a problem worldwide as a consequence of the recent supply chain problems; anyone care to comment on that?

Rick's Satellite - looks to still be a good selection but I haven't ordered anything lately and he doesn't do live inventory so not sure if it's all real
Sadoun - limited number of satellite products and they're all mixed in instead of being a central focus
SatelliteAV - still has dishes but no consumer receivers anymore
Mike Kohl - in the process of liquidating
Titanium - very limited number of products on offer
SkyXpress (descendent of SkyVision) - many categories and products listed but almost everything listed as out of stock

I didn't see anything in the rules to suggest this is verboten, but please educate me if I'm wrong.

I've been out of the hobby for quite a long time, and trying to get started back up again, the retail landscape doesn't seem anything at all like how I remember it. Where is everyone buying from these days? Anything I'm misunderstanding? Re-educate me!

Side note, I think I understood that USALS motors are a problem worldwide as a consequence of the recent supply chain problems; anyone care to comment on that?

Rick's Satellite - looks to still be a good selection but I haven't ordered anything lately and he doesn't do live inventory so not sure if it's all real
Sadoun - limited number of satellite products and they're all mixed in instead of being a central focus
SatelliteAV - still has dishes but no consumer receivers anymore
Mike Kohl - in the process of liquidating
Titanium - very limited number of products on offer
SkyXpress (descendent of SkyVision) - many categories and products listed but almost everything listed as out of stock
There's also Hyper's site, he is good to deal with: https://hypermegasat.com/

For what it's worth, I've ordered from Rick's several times, and I've NEVER had any issues with them. Sure, he protects his pocketbook, but it's his site, his rules, and I respect that.

I hadn't heard of HyperMegaSat, thanks for the tip!

I agree, I have also ordered from Rick several times and been 100% satisfied.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts