Baseball and HD (another year of frustration begins)

imthedevil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
Sitting down to watch the Reds VS Mets game and discover it is not being broadcast in HD here on FSCN (661) but it is in HD according to the guide on both the MLB-EI and the SNY channel both of course are blacked out.

If someone not in the Cincinnati market has a chance can you click over and confirm my suspicions that another year of being hosed on HD has really begun.

Thanks

Bill

Sitting down to watch the Reds VS Mets game and discover it is not being broadcast in HD here on FSCN (661) but it is in HD according to the guide on both the MLB-EI and the SNY channel both of course are blacked out.

If someone not in the Cincinnati market has a chance can you click over and confirm my suspicions that another year of being hosed on HD has really begun.

Thanks

Bill
There are 115 -120 game in HD for the Tigers this year, so as you can see, that leaves alot of games NOT in HD.
So Cincy is not the only ones.

The Pirates were not even on TV , let alone in HD for 2 of the first 3 games.

Saturday's game will be in HD :D

FOX Sports on MSN - Television - FOX SPORTS OHIO SCHEDULED TO TELECAST 100 CINCINNATI REDS GAMES IN HIGH DEFINITION

Jimbo

GRRRRRRR!! STO broadcasts ALL Indians games in HD. Dish Network, however, is showing SD tonight. WTF.

Man o man...I just did a chat with Dish online to see what was up with STO-HD....

here are the cliff notes: "We don't know why this is happening....we'll work to figure it out. Have I answered all of your questions satisfactorily?" Jeez....:(

There are 115 -120 game in HD for the Tigers this year, so as you can see, that leaves alot of games NOT in HD.

FOX Sports on MSN - Television - FOX SPORTS OHIO SCHEDULED TO TELECAST 100 CINCINNATI REDS GAMES IN HIGH DEFINITION

Jimbo

Wonderful....although the wife is off of work so we will probably just go down for the afternoon, lol. At least I can listen to the games on 700WLW from pretty much ANYWHERE the sun shines.

Bill

Wonderful....although the wife is off of work so we will probably just go down for the afternoon, lol. At least I can listen to the games on 700WLW from pretty much ANYWHERE the sun shines.

Bill

Yes, they have quite a blowtorch at WLW ...
I use to regularly listen to them when I was younger on my transistor.

Jimbo

ALL INJUNS GAMES IN GLORIOUS HI-DEF!

For the second year in a row, games on the two stations will be televised in HD.

• SportsTimeOhio will show 154 regular season and seven spring training games in HD.
  • WKYC-TV (NBC affiliate) will air 20 regular season games in HD. Those games will also be simulcast on STO-HD.
  • FOX will televise eight games, locally seen on WJW also in HD.

BTW, everything is all peachy with DirecTV and STO-HD! Not one hitch yet!

Thanks

Bill

It is probably in HD from the Mets broadcast not Cincinnati. It wasn't supposed to be in HD. The next Reds game in HD is saturday.

Last edited:
It is probably in HD from the Mets broadcast not Cincinnati. It wasn't supposed to be in HD. The next Reds game in HD is saturday.

You have to be in the Mets DMA to get the HD feed off SNY. The same thing happens to me for buffalo hockey games. I have to watch the feed off of MSG-B (unless it is a National Game). Dish does not get the MSG-B HD feed and only the Sabres Home Games were broadcast in HD by MSG-B. Even though there are oppostion feeds available in HD and I subscribe to NHLCI, I am forced to watch the SD version on MSG-B. Just sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though there are oppostion feeds available in HD and I subscribe to NHLCI, I am forced to watch the SD version on MSG-B. Just sucks!

The SD version of anything sucks , lol. I find myself watching things just because they are in HD.

On a side note at least with the game being in SD here last night I wasn't concerned with watching the Reds fail with the bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th....I'm sure this will be a common theme with them this year :mad:

Bill

Well, I have DISH and the Reds Opening Day game Monday was availabe in HD on FSN Cincinnati, at least here in Central Indiana!!!...(I was at the game but I DVR'd it so I could watch the pre-game show later!!!)...:D

However last year was a different story, as DISH aired about half the HD Reds games that were available!!!...(again, I'm talking the Indianapolis/Central Indiana market)...:mad:

It will be interesting to see how this season goes, as the PG indicates that the next two HD games will be available here...so far so good!!!...:cool:

Well, I have DISH and the Reds Opening Day game Monday was availabe in HD on FSN Cincinnati, at least here in Central Indiana!!!...(I was at the game but I DVR'd it so I could watch the pre-game show later!!!)...:D

However last year was a different story, as DISH aired about half the HD Reds games that were available!!!...(again, I'm talking the Indianapolis/Central Indiana market)...:mad:

It will be interesting to see how this season goes, as the PG indicates that the next two HD games will be available here...so far so good!!!...:cool:

I went down for opening day as well, what crummy weather it was too. We opted to not go down for the Saturday game and seemed like it was a wise choice the way they played, lol.

Bill

Jimbo

The Pirates only broadcast 125 games, not counting national games but with how bad they are, there wont be many but I don't know how many of the 125 are HD.

I don't think you can trust the team's site for reliable broadcast info. Here's the Rockies site: www.colorado.rockies.mlb.com/schedule/broadcast.jsp?c_id=col. It shows no HD games.

The FSN's that cover the Mariner's, Pirates, and Rockies are owned by Liberty Sports. According to their website, www.fsninsider.com/, all three teams' broadcasts will be 100% HD. So far, all of the Rockies games have been in HD. Monday's game with the Cubs already shows as HD in my program guide.

If you're not getting the Pirates in HD on Dish, it's because Dish isn't sending out the HD feed.

UNREAL! At exactly 11:30PM the feed on 661 changed from the 1 out bottom of the 9th Reds vs Brewers game to the best damn sports show....ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????????? I found the game being broadcast on an RSNa channel 652 still with the local announcers but with a sportsouth logo in the corner.

Can someone explain to me how in the world this happens...I also switched back in between pitches to see if it came back but was always greeted by John Salley

Thanks

UNREAL! At exactly 11:30PM the feed on 661 changed from the 1 out bottom of the 9th Reds vs Brewers game to the best damn sports show....ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????????? I found the game being broadcast on an RSNa channel 652 still with the local announcers but with a sportsouth logo in the corner.

Can someone explain to me how in the world this happens...I also switched back in between pitches to see if it came back but was always greeted by John Salley

Thanks

See post #47 on the NL Central thread for a link to a story from the Cincinnati Enquier about what happened last night!!!...:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)