Baseball Hall of Fame voting 2013

I'll go a step further, I think the writers, the players in the Hall should be able to vote, but ONLY if you want to, not like the Heisman where everyone gets a vote and many don't pay attention, but also I think the Announcers like Scully and company, should have that option, again, not all, you have to be approved.
That should go far all the voters, you have to still be following the game, wonder how many of these current voters actually watch all these players, these rules were put in place in 1936 and haven't changed at all, don't you think there are better ways available now ? (not to you guys specifically)

I just don't think fans should vote, they would all vote for their teams player who might not deserve it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

agree and Pete Rose should get in before the 'roided up candidates

Agreed!

I really think Bonds and Clemens though would have been in the Hall regardless if they took anything or not.

Dale Murphy should have been voted in and I think he is not eligible anymore. Also I think Palmero just about fell off the list, he just got more than the 5% required to stay.

Agreed!

I really think Bonds and Clemens though would have been in the Hall regardless if they took anything or not.

Dale Murphy should have been voted in and I think he is not eligible anymore. Also I think Palmero just about fell off the list, he just got more than the 5% required to stay.

Thats the thing. Bonds and Clemens would have gotten in regardless of their last 3-5 years. I would want Rose in before Bonds, Clemens, Palmero, Sosa, etc. I would have loved it if Dale Murphy had been voted in but I understand why he is borderline. I hope he will be voted in by the Veterans Committee.

Rose would get my vote over Bonds and Clemens. Rose's performance didn't involve PEDs; his issue was strictly a lack of morals and ethics after his playing days.

I'm sorry Rose doesn't deserve to be in the Hall because he gambled on baseball while he was a manager, That IMO is just as bad as what Bonds or the other steroid players did.

I'm sorry Rose doesn't deserve to be in the Hall because he gambled on baseball while he was a manager, That IMO is just as bad as what Bonds or the other steroid players did.

yet Ty Cob did the same thing (gambled while he was manager) and he's in the HOF

Disagree. His gambling had nothing to do with his performance as a player.

Absolutely CRIMINAL that Mike Piazza did not make it. There is absolutely no excuse. None. Zip. Zilch. I am beside myself in anger and outrage right now.

I agree. The best offensive catcher of all time.

But what is even sadder, when he does go in (which he will) it will be as a friggen Met.

Very SAD ...

No Jack Morris :(

A few points about this. I think its embarrassing that nobody goes into the Hall of Fame. That just doesnt make any sense. Then why have it, if theres a chance that nobody will go in? I would lower the percentage of getting in from 75 to 70 or even 60. I just dont understand why you have 1 maybe 2 players go in. To me, many more players deserve to go in and when you dont let them in there just a year closer from being off the ballot, which I dont think is fair either. When your not eligable anymore, what does that mean? What, your career didnt count? I just dont like it at all. Then dont put them on the ballot if theres a chance they wont be eligable.

I can understand why Bonds and Clemens dont go in. I actually read some articles about 5 or 6 yrs. ago about Clemens and to have the record he did and the mechanics he did for his age, its impossible for him to have it without taking steroids. As far as Bonds, I just dont like him. He doesnt make you want to root for him. He doesnt make you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Do you remember when he broke Aaron's home run record? He was booed everywhere except San Fran.

I do think Morris should have gotten in and even though Im a Mets fan, Piazza should have gotten in. If your going to lump him in with steroid abuse, I dont think thats fair because then your saying that everybody in this era took steroids. Im not sure as far as Biggio if he should get in or not but next year Glavine and Maddux are eligable and whose to say they didnt take steroids?

Here's what should happen. Put Piazza, Glavine, Maddux in the Hall of Fame and if there is concrete evidence that they cheated, take them out of the Hall.

Disagree. His gambling had nothing to do with his performance as a player.

I agree with SkiKing,
Rose definitely deserves to be in the Hall as a PLAYER.

You go in as a Player or a Manager or a Broadcaster...

People have FAILED to distinguish the difference for a long time now.

If you happen to have managed and played, you go in as either, not both, there's not a Player & Manager section to the Hall.

Rose did bet on baseball as a player. Read the book Hustle . The Myth , Life , And lies of Pete Rose. Rose appears to have had Mob connections and starting betting as far back as the 1970's. Also John Dowd said he did bet when he was a player.

Rose did bet on baseball as a player. Read the book Hustle . The Myth , Life , And lies of Pete Rose. Rose appears to have had Mob connections and starting betting as far back as the 1970's. Also John Dowd said he did bet when he was a player.

You believe everything you read ? :eek:

I think alot of these so called books and articles are put out by people that just don't like him ...