Baseball scoring

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
Today, and either yesterday or the day before, a batter hit a ground ball that was fielded by an infileder who tried unsuccessfully to cut down the lead baserunner, but the batter was not credited with a hit. I thought that in prior years, the batter would be credited with an infield hit on such a play unless there was an error.

If it was a force play and he was safe, then it would be a hit. If the runner had to be tagged out and he was safe or out, then it is a fielders choice

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

If it was a force play and he was safe, then it would be a hit. If the runner had to be tagged out and he was safe or out, then it is a fielders choice.

From today's Red Sox/Angels game

Los Angeles - Bottom of 3rd, John Lackey pitching for Boston
P Bourjos reached on bunt single to catcher
E Aybar grounded into fielder's choice to first, P Bourjos to second.

Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels - Play By Play - April 24, 2011 - ESPN

Strange, though it is possible that Bourjas actually rounded second and the fielder tried to pick him off instead of taking the sure, forceout at first, but that seems unlikely.

If it was a force play and he was safe, then it would be a hit. If the runner had to be tagged out and he was safe or out, then it is a fielders choice

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

DodgerKing is correct. If a fielder chooses to go after another runner and doesn't get them out then it is a fielder's choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts