Sports You Actually Participate In.

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
I realize the group of us here are some of the best online armchair QB's in debate, critique and analysis of actual athletes, but what are some of the sports/recreational things YOU like to participate in, if any?

Personally speaking, I try to live an active lifestyle. Sitting inside is boring to me. I'm in a rowing league, I mountain bike, play tennis, ski and golf.

Anyone else active? As the weather is starting to break and spring is finally upon us (Northern states), I'm enjoying the great outdoors more than ever. What about you?

HD MM said:
I realize the group of us here are some of the best online armchair QB's in debate, critique and analysis of actual athletes, but what are some of the sports/recreational things YOU like to participate in, if any?

Personally speaking, I try to live an active lifestyle. Sitting inside is boring to me. I'm in a rowing league, I mountain bike, play tennis, ski and golf.

Anyone else active? As the weather is starting to break and spring is finally upon us (Northern states), I'm enjoying the great outdoors more than ever. What about you?

Being fortunate enough that weather is not an issue most of the year.... I participate in as much sports as possible. I still play competitive baseball in 2 divisions.... 25 and 35 and over. I also play in a corporate golf and basketball league during those respective seasons. Though I have not as much the last year, I still run a baseball clinic with a buddy of mine for juniors and senior high school players.

Well, my fiance' requested I drop out of the Hawaiian Tropic pageant tour this year, so now I'm just concentrating on triathlons. When my ankle is healthy, that is...going to try my first run in a while tomorrow.

Sandra

I participate in a lot of outdoor activities and some very athletic, but I would not consider any of them to be a sport

I am an avid snow skier, I ride my mountain bike almost everyday, love hiking, and play golf (probably the only one considered a sport)

Snow ski and mountain bike? Are there any mountains near you to do those things?

Snow ski and mountain bike? Are there any mountains near you to do those things?

Not what you would consider mountains. Plenty of hills and trails through wooded areas though. I use my bike equally on street and trail. I've got a nice trail by me that goes right along Lake Erie. Very scenic.

As for skiing, I typically go to Ellicotville, NY for that. Only a 3 hour drive. Ohio's terrible for ski slopes.

Not what you would consider mountains. Plenty of hills and trails through wooded areas though. I use my bike equally on street and trail. I've got a nice trail by me that goes right along Lake Erie. Very scenic.
Cool.

When you said ski, do you mean water ski, cross country snow ski, or down hill snow ski?

Cool.

When you said ski, do you mean water ski, cross country snow ski, or down hill snow ski?

Down hill ski.

Just modified my last post to explain. The slopes in Ohio are pretty much non existent. Luckily thought a few slopes in Upstate NY are within a short drive from me.

And btw, I learned real quick what the difference between a mountain and a hill were. Being from Ohio, I used to call any change in elevation a "mountain". My GF laughed at me. She's originally from Alberta, Canada and is used to the mountains in Banff National Park and the Alberta, Rockies. After seeing pictures, I learned quickly what she was laughing about. The mountains out West can't compare to anything out here.

Being fortunate enough that weather is not an issue most of the year.... I participate in as much sports as possible. I still play competitive baseball in 2 divisions.... 25 and 35 and over. I also play in a corporate golf and basketball league during those respective seasons. Though I have not as much the last year, I still run a baseball clinic with a buddy of mine for juniors and senior high school players.

I didn't think they let you use those motorized wheel chairs in those leagues.

I didn't think they let you use those motorized wheel chairs in those leagues.

LMAO!! You should see how developed my arms are from running out of the batters box in my regular wheelchair!

What is funny and strange, in the 25+ division, the pitching is much better with alot of former minor leaguers playing..some guys throw in the upper 80s...and I have always hit well there. Last season was the 1st season I hit under .375 when I hit .280. In the 35+, where the competition is not a good and the pitching is, for lack of a better word, is lousy.... I have never hit above .325 and always around .300.

I have some the nicest ski resorts in the country just north of me in NH, VT and Maine, but I never developed an affinity for it.

I love to golf when the weather cooperates. In fact, the gym I go to is part of a 9 hole instrustional course. I go the the gym regularly, with my favorite part of the workout being 50 minutes on the treadmill.

I played both baseball (3B) and football (LB,FB) in high school, and still play baseball recreationally.

But my one true passion has always been basketball. I could play morning, noon and night if I could!

I have some the nicest ski resorts in the country just north of me in NH, VT and Maine, but I never developed an affinity for it.

I love to golf when the weather cooperates. In fact, the gym I go to is part of a 9 hole instrustional course. I go the the gym regularly, with my favorite part of the workout being 50 minutes on the treadmill.

I played both baseball (3B) and football (LB,FB) in high school, and still play baseball recreationally.

But my one true passion has always been basketball. I could play morning, noon and night if I could!
True, but a lot that has to do with a little bias. If one honestly ranked ski resort around the country, most in the west (CO, UT, CA, NV, NM, OR) would be ranked much higher than any on the east coast, particularly those in CO and UT

Unfortunately, I'm too old to be playing sports anymore, my knees and shoulders won't handle it anymore.
Working outside daily in the rains we have had over the past month and into at least NEXT week, I'm not thrilled with the weather yet either .... Yesterday on the other hand was very nice.

DodgerKing said:
True, but a lot that has to do with a little bias. If one honestly ranked ski resort around the country, most in the west (CO, UT, CA, NV, NM, OR) would be ranked much higher than any on the east coast, particularly those in CO and UT

Jackson hole wyoming has to be one of the best.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

Jimbo said:
Unfortunately, I'm too old to be playing sports anymore, my knees and shoulders won't handle it anymore.
Working outside daily in the rains we have had over the past month and into at least NEXT week, I'm not thrilled with the weather yet either .... Yesterday on the other hand was very nice.

Same here, my knees and back hurt every day.

Sent from my LG Optimus T using SatelliteGuys

I was on the church softball team a few years ago, but my back surgeon told me if I didn't want to go under the knife, then I had to quit (have a couple buldging discs).

I play softball, golf, and occasionally I play some pickup basketball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)