Baseball

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbixler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 13, 2010
Spring Grove, PA
Where are all the baseball games? Direct TV is not following the MLB Blackout rules for today.....

On a Saturday when the first MLB game to be telecast by Fox starts at 7:10pm ET games that start at 4:10pm ET or earlier and 10:05pm ET or later will be included in the package. No games that begin between 4:10pm ET and 10:05pm ET will be included. This will be the case on 2 Saturdays this season (May 22 and June 26).

I saw a bunch of games in the MLB EI schedule today

only issue is there are 5 games at 7:10 tonight....and ya only get 1 (the Fox game)

Today's FOX games start at 4:00 Pacific (7:00 Eastern). The afternoon games are on. Two games this morning, MIN and NYM, and STL and KC. Now HOU and TEX are still playing. Tonight, will be PIT and OAK, and COL and LAA. All of the other games are on FOX or during the Fox blackout window listed in the first sentence

Today's FOX games start at 4:00 Pacific (7:00 Eastern). The afternoon games are on. Two games this morning, MIN and NYM, and STL and KC. Now HOU and TEX are still playing. Tonight, will be PIT and OAK, and COL and LAA. All of the other games are on FOX or during the Fox blackout window listed in the first sentence

This is the FOX blackout window for today:
On a Saturday when the first MLB game to be telecast by Fox starts at 7:10pm ET games that start at 4:10pm ET or earlier and 10:05pm ET or later will be included in the package. No games that begin between 4:10pm ET and 10:05pm ET will be included. This will be the case on 2 Saturdays this season (May 22 and June 26).

The following games started at 4:10pm ET or earlier and are not being shown but they should be according to the rule above: DET/ATL, TAM/ARI, SEA/MIL.

The following games started at 4:10pm ET or earlier and are not being shown but they should be according to the rule above: DET/ATL, TAM/ARI, SEA/MIL.
And? The other games are on. Perhaps these games are not on RSNs?

The Det / Atl. game IS on the RSN

687 and 669-1 Seattle game is blacked out
686 and 653 Arizona game is blacked out
663 Tigers game is blacked out

I have Extra Innings and Sports Pack and these should not be blacked out. They started at 4:10 or earlier so per the rule, they should be shown.

When the blackouts are working correctly the only games that should be shown are the ones on your local RSN, in your case the Tigers game, and the one on FOX.

D* fudged the blackout today so I couldn't get the DET/ATL, TAM/ARI, or SEA/MIL games, since they weren't on my local RSN, when I should've been able to because they started prior to the blackout window.

At 4pm eastern today the only games that people received were the ones on their local RSN and maybe the Phillies game on MLB Network. If you read the rule, all games that started at 4:10 or earlier should've been open to everyone with MLB Extra Innings. It worked that way on Comcast and Indemand. D* screwed it up and the tech department still doesn't have a clue.

When the blackouts are working correctly the only games that should be shown are the ones on your local RSN, in your case the Tigers game, and the one on FOX.

D* fudged the blackout today so I couldn't get the DET/ATL, TAM/ARI, or SEA/MIL games, since they weren't on my local RSN, when I should've been able to because they started prior to the blackout window.

At 4pm eastern today the only games that people received were the ones on their local RSN and maybe the Phillies game on MLB Network. If you read the rule, all games that started at 4:10 or earlier should've been open to everyone with MLB Extra Innings. It worked that way on Comcast and Indemand. D* screwed it up and the tech department still doesn't have a clue.

You KNEW that was gonna happen .... We even had it posted the two dates that they would have issues and we had issues on the earlier date, so I don't know why this surprises everyone.

Btw, is the times 4:10 and 7:10 or was it 4:05 and 7:05, if it's :05 then they would have been correct, but I don't have a link to the actual contract.

You KNEW that was gonna happen .... We even had it posted the two dates that they would have issues and we had issues on the earlier date, so I don't know why this surprises everyone.

Thought there would be a chance they could fix it on the second try, after they had practice in May. Guess not:rant:

I just watched the Tigers game on 663 FSD. I noticed it wasn't on EI though. I think that's part of the Fox deal, Saturday afternoon RSN games can only be shown in market.

I just watched the Tigers game on 663 FSD. I noticed it wasn't on EI though. I think that's part of the Fox deal, Saturday afternoon RSN games can only be shown in market.

Usually yes but not today because the FOX game didn't start until 7:10pm eastern. Here is the rule that was supposed to followed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts