basic questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

havenx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
I was thinking about buying Direct TV and I see several satellites with Direct TV stuff on them, DirecTV USA on DirecTV 1 at 72.5°W, DirecTV USA on Galaxy 3C at 95.0°W, DirecTV USA on Spaceway 2 at 99.2°W, DirecTV USA on DirecTV 1R/4S/8 at 101.0°W, DirecTV USA on Spaceway 1 at 102.8°W, DirecTV USA on DirecTV 5 at 109.8°W, and DirecTV USA on DirecTV 7S at 119.0°W. With the basic service am I able to pull channels of all of them or just the channels that the card allows me to pull off of.

"Basic" programming and receivers will only need to "see" the 101°W satellite depending on your LIL situation. The PhaseIII "sees" locations 101°W, 110°W and 119°W. The AT9 dish adds the 99.2°W and 102.8W locations to that. Here is how it should break out.

72.5°W DirecTV 1: Carries locals from smaller market towns and would be a 2nd dish in addition to the main dish for core programming. It would be of no concern depending on your area zip code.

95.0°W Galaxy 3C: DirecTV international programming, will also be an additional dish outside of the core programming.

99.2°W Spaceway 2: HD LIL and RSN depending on your metro area (zip code) and requires the AT9 dish and MPEG4 receiver.

101.0°W DirecTV 1R/4S/8: This is the main satellite / all the core programming, some HD and some LIL. Can be seen with a standard dish, PhaseIII or AT9 dish.

102.8°W Spaceway 1: HD LIL and RSN depending on your metro area (zip code) and requires the AT9 dish and MPEG4 receiver.

109.8°W DirecTV 5: HD programming. Can be seen with the PhaseIII or the AT9 dish.

119.0°W DirecTV 7S: Some LIL, some HD, some international. Can be seen with a PhaseIII or AT9 dish.

Last edited:
Okay the service is TOTAL CHOICE® PLUS and my location is 61455 Macomb IL if that helps any. What do I need to point at? Would be nice if I could find something on the direct TV website that has this stuff listed.

I was also considering this receiver. Any known issues with it?

DIRECTV Philips Dsx 5540 Satellite Receiver

havenx said:
Okay the service is TOTAL CHOICE(R) PLUS and my location is 61455 Macomb IL if that helps any. What do I need to point at? Would be nice if I could find something on the direct TV website that has this stuff listed.

The 101. Put your zip into the Setup and it will tell you lat/long/tilt (if applicable).

havenx said:
I was also considering this receiver. Any known issues with it?

DIRECTV Philips Dsx 5540 Satellite Receiver
Yes it's used you can't start a new account with used equipment. After you have an account you can add used equipment. What is wrong with getting the FREE equipment and install as a new customer?:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)