Basic RCA Receiver: Two Active Outputs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gluck75

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
Manhattan
In my bedroom I have a Basic RCA receiver....it has an optical audio output so it must be a fairly new model...

I have a TV connected to the RCA through Composite Cables. My girlfriend got me a 15 inch LCD to mount in the bathroom. Can I run a Coax cable into the crapper and have both tv's active from the same box, or will I need to trash the composite cables, split a coax and do it that way?

Thanks in advance....

All you need to do is run the coax from the receiver to new set. You will use channel 3 or channel 4 on the new set to get your picture.

I've got that same RCA receiver. It's grey with black buttons right? It slants down towards the front?

Do what dcbag says. Then again, if you can I would swap the outputs and use the composite or S-video for your LCD screen and coax for the original TV.

Connect the better tv via composite cables or s-video and the other by coax. I have an RCA430 receiver and have a DVD Recorded connected to it via s-video and a coax running directly to the tv so I can watch tv without turning on the dvdr. Be better if the receiver had two sets of a/v outputs but it doesn't.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts