Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

Wasn't the Cylon head they found in the sand the one from the original series?

It would have been great if John Colicos was still with us to continue his role.Every time he is mentioned on thed show I think of him.And he could be meaner in this series ! (lol)

I agree, it similar, but not the same as the original cylon head. I think it interesting that the planet's populace, the Thirteenth tribe, was entirely Cylon. If that's the case, where did humans come from and why was there a war on that planet too? What factions were fighting there 2000 years ago?

I'm thinking, as others have stated, that the planet isn't Earth. It was certainly Earth-like, but I don't believe it's Earth.

I read it through the first time and skimmed around it the second time. Really makes me wish this series weren't ending!

Yeah, AND not just becaue it is a great show - but I feel like they have an awful lot to explain in a really short period of time; and I want satisfying explanations for so much.

Yeah, AND not just becaue it is a great show - but I feel like they have an awful lot to explain in a really short period of time; and I want satisfying explanations for so much.

Exactly...they've got 10 episodes to answer tons of questions in something other than a neat and tidy manner. I think they'll do right by us viewers though...

Re-watching the episode..

direct quote

"They are not human; they are cylon. All of them. "

"The thirteenth tribe; a tribe of cylons, came to this planet, and called it Earth."
- Tigh

Looked carefully at the centurion mask as well; definitely different from the original 1977 variety.

Also rewatched the flashback by Tyrol. They only showed him and two other skin-jobs. Didn't show anything else.

Dang good stuff.

Yep, it was a planet of Cylons. So who nuked them and why?

I agree, the centurion mask is not the old '77 model, but also slightly different from the current centurion model too. Interesting, but not a significant issue...yet.

I thought Tyrol's flashback showed a few other skin-jobs in the background, on the right side of the shot before it panned left and zoomed-in on Tyrol. More skin-jobs in Tigh's flashback too...but even more interesting: not a single centurion in sight in either flashback.

Dang, it just keeps getting better and better!

"The thirteenth tribe; a tribe of cylons, came to this planet, and called it Earth."
- Tigh

Then this begs the question:

If the Cylons called it Earth when there got here ( yes here :D )... and perhaps thought up the name after they left the humans... I suppose that has to mean the 5 that searched for and found the colonies put the word "Earth" in human mythology? Interesting idea.

I am totally lost here. So Kara was human and she is dead in a crashed burned out viper ship, on what they called Earth. So who created the Kara hybrid? Anyone want to try to explain that one to me?

Yep, it was a planet of Cylons. So who nuked them and why?

I agree, the centurion mask is not the old '77 model, but also slightly different from the current centurion model too. Interesting, but not a significant issue...yet.

I thought Tyrol's flashback showed a few other skin-jobs in the background, on the right side of the shot before it panned left and zoomed-in on Tyrol. More skin-jobs in Tigh's flashback too...but even more interesting: not a single centurion in sight in either flashback.

Dang, it just keeps getting better and better!

I counted 2 in Tyrol's flashback; not sure about Tigh's. But yes, no centurions.

Lots of questions, few answers.

Stargate Universe

2019 Hallmark Christmas Movies Guide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)