Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

Actually it could look better, think its upconverted but its still better than SD. As for the show, WOW!!!! Talk about tying things together. Still a few minutes left but I figure its a wrap up.

So, will UHD show Razor as a repeat, y'think? Bummed we didn't get ScifiHD on E* in time for the big show.

Have to ask the group o' fans here--while I liked Razor, I wasn't "blown away" in the end. It had some great moments, but I felt like it had been over-trimmed for the TV airing. I'd read up on all the retro/flashback battles between Adama and the old-style Cylons and such and was prepared for a lot more of these epic/nostalgic sequences...only to find they've been withheld for the 'Expanded Edition'. I thought it was a let-down and a pretty apparent trick on their part (studio/network) to make you rush out and buy DVDs...I hate getting played like that. I think that they're going to split the final season into two mini-seasons to milk/promote DVD sales, too. Smart, maybe, but annoying.

They may have to split it into 2 seasons anyway now. They are on hold and out of scripts with the writers strike. I think they had only filmed 7 or 8 episodes before production halted.

'Battlestar Galactica' Ratings Adrift

Last Saturday’s much-anticipated “Battlestar Galactica” two-hour movie “Razor” had an unspectacular debut. The stand-alone entry in Sci Fi Channel’s Peabody-winning series garnered a 0.8 rating among adults 18 to 49 and was seen by 1.7 million viewers.
That’s almost exactly what the entire third “Battlestar” season averaged, but well below its season premiere last fall.
Tricky to tea-leaf what exactly this might mean for the upcoming fourth (and final) season, since “Razor” wasn’t a continuation of last season’s cliffhanger. Also, Sci Fi aired “Razor” on Thanksgiving weekend, which couldn’t have helped.
For those who missed the airing, the “Razor” DVD will be released Dec. 4.
From TvWeek.com - James Hibbard

Source: Here

<!--.entry-body-->

I guess they had a theory "if we delay the next season long enough nobody will care" and decided to prove it.

I missed it because without SG1 or BSG, I don't watch SciFi.

As much as I was anticipating it, it slipped my mind. Will pick up the DVD later in the week, but it has been so long and I know now even longer until the episodes start up again that I really just don't care anymore.

I call this the 'Jericho effect'. NBC killed that show with it's hiatus. This long wait for BSG has tested me as a fan and I've failed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)