Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

I wonder if Terminator and Doll House numbers will jump up this week now that BSG is over?

On another note what is holding up the BD release? I can understand season 4 being held up since it just finished, but what happened to seasons 1-3? I have season 1 on HD-DVD, but I want it in BD, I know I can get family members hooked on it.

The HD-DVD version was a weak release, given the delay in BD, the BD version better be spectacular.

With the discovery of the second earth that was the end of civilization as they knew it, giving life (the missing link) to a new civilization.

That just occurred to me. This Earth was a different planet entirely, wasn't it? I kind of wondered why there would be tribes of people on a radioactive planet. That makes more sense now.

Yup, The cinder was the planet they knew as Earth... Adama said something like they might call the new planet Earth...

He basically said, IIRC, that Earth was more of a dream than a place. So where the planet was didnt matter. Nor did it matter that there was more than one since each race had their own dream I suppose. In a sense. Another one of those things that can be interpreted more than one way. :D

Regardless of what they called it, I doubt any language word would survive 150k years. This was going to be their new planet called "earth".

When Starbuck returned from Caprica with the Arrow of Apollo and Galactica found Kobol, Starbuck, Adama, and Roslin traveled to "Earth" via the Tomb of Athena. Question: Which Earth was it? Crispy Earth/First Earth/13th Tribe Earth, or Green Earth/Second Earth/"Our" Earth?

My guess is the deep-fried, crispy variety, as "our earth" wasn't (probably) even on their maps/charts back on Kobol.

Just a guess...
I know, that's what I thought. Except the Stonehedge-like group of rocks that they popped into was covered in green grass (granted it was night when they visited so the green could have been gray) which led one to believe in a viable Earth.

So, either the writers at that time thought that we'd get to a viable Earth, or it's like my friend thought and they were kinda making it up as they went along. The little crop teases...

I wonder if Terminator and Doll House numbers will jump up this week now that BSG is over?
I finally noticed Bear McCreary's name in the "Sarah Conner Chronicles" credits. Dollhouse seems to be a refuge for BSG talent, too, as I spotted "Romo" on an episode the other week.

Last edited:
Forgot to remind folks that SIX made a guest appearance on Chuck last night. She looked fine - and put the Caprica Six moves on Captain Awesome. :)

I know, that's what I thought. Except the Stonehedge-like group of rocks that they popped into was covered in green grass (granted it was night when they visited so the green could have been gray) which led one to believe in a viable Earth.

So, either the writers at that time thought that we'd get to a viable Earth, or it's like my friend thought and they were kinda making it up as they went along. The little crop teases...

It was the "nuked" Earth. It was the constellations that they saw in the "arrow" room that they used to verify their location when they got to the nuked Earth.

It was the "song" and the translation of the notes to numbers that led them to the new/our Earth. Who taught Kara the song and why the 5 heard the song was never answered - a higher power?

Forgot to remind folks that SIX made a guest appearance on Chuck last night. She looked fine - and put the Caprica Six moves on Captain Awesome. :)

She has also been on Burn Notice ... she got shot in the season finale though ...

Edit:

Xena (or the actress that played her) also made an appearance on Burn Notice ... she committed suicide on that episode.

It was the "nuked" Earth. It was the constellations that they saw in the "arrow" room that they used to verify their location when they got to the nuked Earth.

It was the "song" and the translation of the notes to numbers that led them to the new/our Earth. Who taught Kara the song and why the 5 heard the song was never answered - a higher power?

I think that was answered when you saw the angels that looked like Baltazar and Caprica 6. They were working through God's plans.

Often they do make it up... in that stories are flexible and and can change as they go along. Even the well thought out ones can do so. But in this case to get around this issue perhaps we can just assume the scene on Kobol was a recording or projection. For all they knew the group was standing in the middle of a really good VR recording. Or if you like.... God did it. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)