Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

One other thing I wonder if people have realized... Callie's kid is obviously half cylon, just like Boomer/Athena's kid.

---

I do hope before the series is over they explain how Col. Ty could be a cylon. Didn't Adama knew him from his early years, before humanoid cylons existed? Was the original Ty captured (new Caprica perhaps?) and replaced?

I thought that about Callie's kid.

Yeah, I too have though the whole Tigh thing was a bit strange, as he is much older then the rest of them. although he is no older then one of the original skin jobs (that guy's name always escapes me).

Yeah, I realized that their kid was a hybrid at the end of season 3 when they discovered they themselves were Cylons...and wondered what they were going to do with that...now we we know part of it - Callie's a popcicle. :(

Tigh and Cavel appear roughly the same age. With the rez ship, technically an individual Cylon could live hundereds of years (or even much more). We know that 40 years after the Cylon war ended, the humanoid #6 appeared at the negotiation table. But how long prior to that did the humanoid models exist? We have no idea. The hybrids that control the ships are different than the humanoid models...the humanoid models appear fully human. Tigh and Adama have a history that goes back a long way. Was Tigh originally human, captured at some point and replaced with a Cylon clone? I doubt it. Since he's one of the final 5, and the final 5 are something the initial 7 we've seen don't talk about (why? We don't know), I think it's safe to assume that there's still something major about the Cylons that's yet to be revealed, even beyond who the last of the final 5 is.

Many issues still remain unknown: we don't know how they age, or even if they age. We don't know to what extent they are machine and what extent they are biologic. We can assume that since they can reproduce with humans, that they must have a fairly high degree of biological similarity. They eat, drink, breathe, bleed and perspire, so I think we can safely assume that they are anatomically very similar to humans.

Yes, I ponder this stuff way to much... ;)

The other interesting visual I noticed was when the Cylon ships jumped in, the starfield behind them was correct as seen from Earth. Orion and Taurus were clearly visible.

Wonder if that was intentional, or just a money saving technique in the production.

I would have thought that if they wanted to save money, they would've generated a random starfield rather than taking the time to render a realistic one. The problem that this presents is that they would have to be fairly close to Earth for the constellations to look the same. Even if we assume that all of the stars in Orion and Taurus are evolutionarily related to each other (which is true moreso than in most other constellations, but still not all of the bright stars) and thus located at roughly the same distances, the observer would still need to be not significantly "above" or "below" a line between the constellations and Earth. (By the way, those two constellations are roughly opposite the Lagoon Nebula in Earth's sky.)

I would have thought that if they wanted to save money, they would've generated a random starfield rather than taking the time to render a realistic one.

Maybe, maybe not. My understanding is they are basically layering the starfield image behind the rest of the action digitally. To do this, they first need an picture of a starfield. Using one that already exists (plenty of Hubble images and the like to choose from) and just running it through a few filters to clean it up is a bit of a time saver compared to using a program to generate a fake one.

If you meant they manually recreated the starfield from scratch to look like our own sky, then thats a different story of course and obviously more work than going random. Going to have to retape the show at high def (thanks Dish!) and watch it again. ;)

But how long prior to that did the humanoid models exist? We have no idea.

Its strongly suggested that they were first being developed about the time the first Cylon war ended, per Adama's experiences as shown in Razor.

OK, not exactly a complaint, since it's great being able to watch in HD. But did they really need the popup ad
Battlestar Galactica
Now available in HD
Contact your TV provider to upgrade
on the HD version? Seems kind of redundant.

But how long prior to that did the humanoid models exist? We have no idea.

Its strongly suggested that they were first being developed about the time the first Cylon war ended, per Adama's experiences as shown in Razor.

Agreed, the hybrid that was produced in Razor seemed to the first humanoid-type Cylon. But how long after that did the fully humanoid models occur? That's what we don't know. I suspect it wasn't long after that.

Here's an interesting question: how/why did the final 4 that met at the end of season 3 reach the conclusion that they're Cylons? Besides the shared musical issue, why would they just assume they're Cylons? Is there something else we haven't been told yet as to just how they knew? It's obvious now, with Tori's display of super-human strength (backhanding Callie 6 feet into the air and 10-15 feet away), but why did they reach that conclusion initially?

but why did they reach that conclusion initially?

Besides the music, they were also programmed to home in on each other and meet up. Pretty difficult to explain how that was possible for a normal human.

In any case, I guess is that their mental triggers just turned on and they simply knew. Tori says she's experience new feelings, so something mental happened at that point.

but why did they reach that conclusion initially?

Besides the music, they were also programmed to home in on each other and meet up. Pretty difficult to explain how that was possible for a normal human.

In any case, I guess is that their mental triggers just turned on and they simply knew. Tori says she's experience new feelings, so something mental happened at that point.

Or at least drawn to a specific location at the same time...and I agree, something would have to trigger in their heads that told them they were Cylons, otherwise, why would that be the first conclusion they would come to? Knowing how they felt about Cylons prior to knowing the ARE Cylons, the natural thing to do would be total denial, which they did they initially, but then gave into the idea and are even embracing it now.

It'll be interesting to see if they find out about the civil war going amidst the rest of the Cylons and what they will try to do about it...and if they blow their cover at some point.

I see the ending coming as this. The humans and the cylons end up both getting to earth after a battle in space that ends with the Cylons killing each other off in the civil war and the remaining cylons interbreeding with the humans. They have already proved they can father children and birth them and there is no telling a cylon from a human. The remaining cylons and humans will become our ancestors and this all happens thousands of years ago in our PAST. The human belief in mythology and the cylon belief in one God , will become the basis of our ancient people's belief in religion. They will eventually lose their technology trying to colonize the ancient earth. All knowledge of the past will be wiped out in a great disaster and the remaining "people" left standing become our ancestors and the subject of myths and great legends. THis is the only thing that makes any sense to me. I don't see this story line running parallel to our time like the origional Battlestar did.

The remaining cylons and humans will become our ancestors and this all happens thousands of years ago in our PAST.

And here I thought we were all descended from a guy who enjoyed a good bath.

I see the ending coming as this. The humans and the cylons end up both getting to earth after a battle in space that ends with the Cylons killing each other off in the civil war and the remaining cylons interbreeding with the humans. They have already proved they can father children and birth them and there is no telling a cylon from a human. The remaining cylons and humans will become our ancestors and this all happens thousands of years ago in our PAST. The human belief in mythology and the cylon belief in one God , will become the basis of our ancient people's belief in religion. They will eventually lose their technology trying to colonize the ancient earth. All knowledge of the past will be wiped out in a great disaster and the remaining "people" left standing become our ancestors and the subject of myths and great legends. THis is the only thing that makes any sense to me. I don't see this story line running parallel to our time like the origional Battlestar did.

But what of the continual comment that "this has all happened before"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)