Battlestar Galactica -- Season 4

But what of the continual comment that "this has all happened before"?

Maybe it is some kind of time loop story that repeats over and over and over? Star trek would come up with a scenerio where this works I am sure. Don't know but I am sure that the cylons and the humans will merge and form one race of people. They are already showing signs of a civil war and pitting the raiders against some of the skin job cylons by other skin job cylons . When the last group of cylons are left they will most likely settle on earth with the remaining Humans and breed their descendents : US. What else makes sense? OF course they could end up with just a cylon and a human after a great space battle and they jettison to earth and become the Adam and Eve of Earth . We would still be the result.

This weeks episode was a wasted episode in my opinion and could easily be skipped. Nothing really earth shattering or new revealed.

Next week's focus on Starbuck's mission looks much more interesting.

I have to disagree that it was wasted. We're seeing things get set up for the rest of the season. As the new Cylons are conflicting with their identities, seeing both Adama's undergoing their own changes, Balter acting like a puppet (that was weird) and setting up the turn in his situation, etc.

Without character establishment and foreshadowing, a complete and "realistic" story can't be told.

Next week's looks intense, I agree, but what was set up Friday night isn't something that can be skipped. It'll come back into play later in the season.

Without character establishment and foreshadowing, a complete and "realistic" story can't be told.

I agree with that, but wish they could put the character building parts along with a bit more exciting storyline to keep things edge of your seat. No need to jam it all in one episode with no other real action.

Instead of action this week they had suspense/tension. But I got to see it in HD so I don't care. :)

Whats-Her-Name-Presidential-Assistant: I wonder if Baltar knows I'm a cylon? Maybe I better pleasure him again just to be safe.

Saul Tigh: Oh crap, does Six know I'm a cylon? Why does she look like my wife? Better turn off those cameras and send the guards away in case I let anything slip.

Galen Tyrol: Does the Admiral know I'm a cylon? Did Saul or Whats kill my wife? Do I care?

I agree with that, but wish they could put the character building parts along with a bit more exciting storyline to keep things edge of your seat. No need to jam it all in one episode with no other real action.

I agree, to a point. Since they decided to make season 4 the end of the story, they have to set up some things in one "chapter", since they're only doing 20 "chapters". I would imagine, had they decided to go 5 seasons, they'd have done it a bit differently, but with only 17 or so episodes left to tell the story, it's pushing them to mix character establishment "chapters" with action chapters.

Essentially, the establishment pieces are necessary to set up the action chapters. If the whole "Kara tries to explain what happened" piece along with the "Lee gets political, gets a send-off and oh, yeah, sucks Kara's tonsils out" piece hadn't happened, we wouldn't understand why they are where they are now.

I would've liked to have seen more action, sure, but by doing what they did, they gave us more insight into just what "being a Cylon" has done/is doing to their humanity and their characters/personalities.

This weeks episode was a wasted episode in my opinion and could easily be skipped. Nothing really earth shattering or new revealed.

Next week's focus on Starbuck's mission looks much more interesting.

I have to agree with you to a certain extend. The religious idea of Baltar being a "god" is overkilled IMO. This idea has been permutated since the trial was over. Kind of overkill if you ask me. I really do not want more of the same crap of a story line. Just to put it in perspective, how can a guy selfish character as Baltar can be considered anything but evil is beyond me. The writers have overkilled this piece of story and it is time to move on. We get it but do not over sale it.

The othe story line that has been overkilled is the Kara "I know where earth is" and it is by a feeling I know where it is. It i beyond me how can they go on with this nonsense. I skipped over the story because nothing new was revealed after going back to Kara's crew. It was just a waste. Let's get back to the real issues at hand and skip the over dramatization of these characters nonsense.

That really bothered about the chief too. He's tried so hard to keep it together through disaster and nightmare, one after another and he finally cracked.

I was sort of hoping that these 4 Cylons would be somehow be different than those we've been watching, but they seem no less screwed-up than the other 7...

I too was disappointed that they used a whole episode to tell that story; but I think the frustration was more due to the fact that we know there are so few episodes left. Kind of like the last season of the Sopranos; they did a few wasted episodes there too.

Still, that said, it was really shocking to see the Chief go off the deep end. And as far as Baltar goes, had he not been one of the main characters of the show, I am convinced that if it was real,he would have had a bullet in his head right after his acquital.

And yes, Lee is damn irritating as a politician. He'd fit in well in The Pit. :)

I've thought that also about Baltar and real life...he'd have disappeared shortly after the acquital, never to be found.

A politician is the last thing Lee needed to try. He seems to swing between doing the right thing (CAG/pilot) that suits him and the wrong thing (dissident/politician), which is a really bad fit for him. Now, he's just being a pain in the *ss.

The othe story line that has been overkilled is the Kara "I know where earth is" and it is by a feeling I know where it is. It i beyond me how can they go on with this nonsense.

What gets me is she was so certain she knew where it was... but then when given the chance to find it, seems totally lost. ;)

I haven't watched it yet but I know there was something in the first 14 minutes to make dfergie go "Whoa..." and ten minutes later quoting an old comedian guy.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)